Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

Private bedroom and bath, Alexandria townhouse

Hi there - I'm looking for a considerate and responsible female roommate to share my house in Alexandria's Van Dorn neighborhood. The rent is $1050 and includes a private basement bedroom and bathroom and utilities, including internet. 

This is a renovated, three-level side by side with a fenced in back yard and large deck. There is a fair amount of light in the basement, hardwood floors, a built-in bookshelf, new bathroom, and a large closet. The laundry room is also downstairs with the only access being through the bedroom, so we will just need to arrange a schedule for laundry that works for you. The photos in the post are from when the house was listed - because realtors always have better lighting - so the furniture is different. The basement photos with the couch and bookshelf is the bedroom, which will be unfurnished. 

The middle floor of the house is a shared common area with kitchen, living room, and dining room. This is a really safe, quiet area with exceptionally kind neighbors. There is plenty of off-street parking. The bus stops 1 block away and it's a quick (2 miles) to King Street Metro and Old Town with easy access to 395/495. My house is also within walking distance to Harris Teeter, Port City Brewery, good restaurants, Cameron Station, Ben Brenman Park, and the Holmes Run Trail. My neighborhood was recently featured in the blog ExtraAlex if you are interested: http://blog.visitalexandriava.com/things-alexandrias-van-dorn-neighborhood-west-end/ 

As for me - I'm a 36 year old female professional, a transplant to the DC area from Madison, WI with a bohemian spirit. I'm optimistic and friendly and I get along well with most people. I volunteer in the community, enjoy being outside, practicing yoga, laughing, traveling, and dinner parties. I hope to create a peaceful, respectful, and inviting place to come home to and I would appreciate a roommate who shares the same values. I have a full schedule and travel often so you may have the house to yourself regularly. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or if you'd like to schedule a time to meet and see if this would be a good fit. 

Happy house hunting!

Comments