Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.
If you used our old forum, you can find your old posts here: http://oldforum.theaterchurch.com for the next few months. However, it is read only, so please create new posts in here.
Seeking CF for master BR in shared old town Alexandria apartment - $800, available July 1
Looking for a roommate to share my apartment in old town Alexandria. $800/month includes all utilities except for internet.
About the apartment: The place is a 1BR with a den, but has functioned as a 2BR for me and my roommate for the past three years. You will have the spacious BR with 3 windows and closet. We use the small-ish breakfast area as a living/dining room. It's in the second floor above a hair salon in old town.
- Rent: $800 including utilities (except internet)
- Security deposit: $800 deposit required
- Move in/lease: Available currently, lease through December 31. Can be extended if everything is working well.
- 10-minute walk to either King St. or Braddock Rd. metros
- street parking for $25/year Alexandria parking permit--but old town is very walkable and bike-friendly, so a car is by no means essential.
- blocks away from coffee, shopping, 15-minute walk to waterfront, Mount Vernon Trail closeby, Trader Joe’s 7 blocks away.
- washer/dryer in unit
- sorry, no pets allowed
- landlords are great—a couple that owns the hair salon in the floor below.
- the bedroom room will be unfurnished; I do have living/dining room furniture
About me: I’m 28, a Jewish believer involved in a Messianic synagogue in the area. I work at a law firm during the day and am finishing my master’s thesis in Soviet history this summer. I enjoy doing things outdoors, dance, theater, learning languages, getting together with friends and hosting dinners at the apartment pretty frequently.
Roommate particulars: I hope to find a roommate who is friendly and appreciates keeping things neat and clutter-free in the shared spaces. The one unusual thing: I keep kosher; would not require that of a roommate, but I do ask we have no pork or shellfish brought into the apartment (e.g., if you order something with bacon or shrimp while eating out, great! Just don’t bring leftovers back to the apartment, please). I think it shouldn’t be too difficult—but we can talk details.
In your reply, please tell a bit about yourself and what you’re looking for in a living situation.
Please email me at email@example.com.