All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

CF seeking roommate for N Rosslyn 2BR/1BA Condo $1055/month + some utilities

Hi there!

I am a 23 year old, female, GW graduate student seeking a roommate to fill a room in North Rosslyn, VA in the Palisade Gardens
condominium complex. The space for rent is a large bedroom in a 2BR/1BA condo. The rent will be $1055/month (approximately 55% of the total rent) and includes a parking pass for the complex. W/D in unit and the kitchen is equipped with an oven with a stove top, a microwave, a dishwasher, a garbage disposal, and a full refrigerator. The only utilities that are not included in the rent are electricity (split 50/50 between myself and my roommate) and wifi (also split 50/50). The lease will start on October 15th and go through June 14th. Pets are allowed to visit, but must fall within the size range set by the condominium complex. Pets are also allowed to stay overnight, but there will be a $10/night fee charged by the landlord. There is a $40 fee associated with the Rental Application and the security deposit is equal to 1 month's rent and is due at lease signing. The condo is privately owned and the lease process will be completed with the landlord.

The apartment is about a 10 minute walk from either the Rosslyn or Courthouse Metro Stations and has an ART bus stop steps away from the front door. There is a Capital Bike share right down the street. This location also provides easy access to 66, GW Parkway, 50, and 395. Georgetown is a 20 minute walk away. A lot of good restaurants in the area. Several grocery stores within walking or short driving distance.

Here's a little about me...
I am a second year masters student at George Washington University. I also work for GW athletics as a strength and conditioning coach. Between work and school, I am pretty busy. I work about 60 hours a week, depending on the time of year. Due to work, I am usually out of the house by 5 am on weekdays and won't be back until until around the same time or later in the evenings. I am also outgoing and enjoy talking to other people (I am one of 5 kids) and have no problem hanging out with my roommate when my schedule allows it. I have a serious boyfriend that will be around on weekends. I may also occasionally have overnight guests from out of town stay for a couple of nights. Of course I check with you beforehand. Currently, I attend a non-denominational church in Frederick, MD called Frederick Christian Fellowship. I do not attend any small groups right now since my schedule is so busy, but I wouldn't mind roommate Bible studies or something like that :)

I have lived in this apartment for a little over a year and would love to stay put. The landlord is a very sweet and caring 60-something year old lady. She is always quick to answer any emails or requests. She takes good care of the property and her tenants.

The lease for the apartment will be from October 14th through June 15th. However, my landlord is willing to pro-rate my current roommate's rent so that the room will be available starting October 1st.

Please send me an email if you would like more information/pictures.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.