All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

$1250-CF for Basement Apartment with Private Bath

Looking for a new roommate to move in to the basement of our lovely house on a quiet block of East Capitol Street in early June. The space has large windows in both the living room and the bedroom, so it gets good light for a basement. The living room is huge and includes a kitchenette with a fridge, sink, and lots of cabinet space. The bedroom is large enough to comfortably fit a queen size bed, nightstand, and dresser. The bedroom closet is a good size, and there is an additional large storage closet in the living room. You also have a private bathroom. You have a separate heating and cooling system downstairs that is under your control.

The washer/dryer and full kitchen are upstairs and shared with three mid-twenties girls who also live in the house. It is an amazing kitchen with a gas stove, stainless steel appliances, and granite countertops. The whole house is newly renovated and the upstairs is fully furnished. You only need to worry about the downstairs space. While you have full access to the house, there is also a private entrance downstairs, so you can have as much privacy as you like.

The ladies of the house love tea, coffee, wine, and Netflix. We also enjoy hosting dinner parties/small groups from time to time and are very social in general. We love to cook and fit right in with the “DC Foodie” scene.

Ideal move in date is June 9th, but we have some flexibility on the exact date. Rent is $1250 a month, and a one month security deposit is required prior to move in. Utilities are split with the ladies upstairs and run between $50-80 per month depending on the season. Street parking is abundant – you just need a Zone 6 permit. If you don’t have a car, it’s a short walk to the Stadium Armory metro, and the 96, 97, and D6 bus lines all pick up close by.

Please respond and include your age, how you pay the bills, and some times you would be available to meet us and see the house. We look forward to hearing from you!

Comments

• Hi.  My name is Lauren.  I'm 27 and go to the NCC Barracks Row campus.  I'm definitely interested in the basement.  I pay bills early, to make sure money is in and taken care of, and can do check or whatever method you're comfortable with.  I am free any week night after 5 or any time on weekends to come by  and meet you all and see the space.

I was wondering if you would allow a cat in the basement.  I have a super sweet and chill almost 4 year old kitty that I want to bring with me wherever I end up finding a space.  She doesn't spray or claw furniture or anything like that, and I'm willing to pay an extra deposit or rent if need be.

Please e-mail lauren.douglas90@gmail.com or feel free to call or text 703-624-6230.  Thanks and look forward to hearing from you.