All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

CF room in a two-story rowhouse in Eastern Market area; spacious and lots of natural light!

edited August 2023 in Housing

I'm looking for a female roommate to fill a spacious, sun-filled room in a 2BR/1BA rowhouse in Washington, DC. Lease is month-to-month! Your portion of rent will be $1,338/mo + utilities averaging $150/mo (electric, water, wifi). *Depending on your income, we may qualify for DC Water Cares Multifamily Assistance Program (MAP). You'll have access to the shared living space, which includes a kitchen, dining/living room, washer/dryer, parking spot and front and back patios.

The house: 

• Move-in September 2 or after.

• Security deposit $1300

• Located in the Capitol Hill neighborhood of DC.

• Walking distance to The Roost, Eastern Market, Barracks Row, Safeway, Trader Joe’s, OTF, OneLife Fitness, Navy Yard.

• Public transportation: Potomac Ave metro (Silver, Orange, Blue lines) and bus routes. Easy access to major highways.

• Here is an old redfin posting of the house; view most current pictures of the house.

• All decor and furniture will be gone as these are my current roommate's.

• My favorite part of the house is the small rosemary, mint, and peonies garden in the front patio, a space for vertical garden in the back patio and the skylight above the stairs!

About me: I’m 28 y/o, born in South Korea and raised in Paraguay. I WFH for a non-profit organization that supports language education and am pursuing my Master's degree. I’d love to create a shared common space where we can relax, socialize and do other activities freely, so I’d like for us to have our own dedicated workspace (if you also work remotely) in our own rooms. I am plugged-in at my church in Falls Church and as for hobbies I enjoy lifting, playing group sports, hammocking (and reading, a lovely pair) and playing the piano occasionally. 

I'm looking for a roommate who is:

• Flexible and comfortable having visitors over

• Enjoys keeping the house tidy and aesthetically pleasing (plants and creativity are welcomed!)

• Willing to share house chores 

• (a plus, if you’re multi-culturally minded, enjoy trying new recipes and restaurants, and have a fun, easy-going personality!)

If you are interested in the space and think we’d be a good fit, please send me an email at mandakwak@gmail.com with your name and a brief description of yourself.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.