All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

3 CFs for beautiful NW DC home! Rooms from $675-$1,100

Hello! My name is Bonnie, and I am a PhD social work student at Catholic University. I and my housemate, Semera, are seeking three (3) fabulous female housemates to continue our group house in the Petworth neighborhood! 

Here are the detz:

THE HOUSE:

This is a 4 bed, 2.5 bath beautiful row house property with gorgeous wood floors, antique features, and a spacious, modern kitchen. The home has plenty of relaxing outdoor space with both front and back porches and a garden—great for grilling and entertaining! The house is equipped with A/C, in-unit laundry, and two off-street parking spaces. There is plenty of indoor storage and secure outdoor storage for bikes. The common spaces of the house are fully furnished, including a completely stocked kitchen (although additional pieces are welcome!).  

THE ROOMS:

There are three rooms for rent in total—2 beautiful bedrooms on the second floor and a spacious, private basement unit. The rooms are not furnished. Here is a breakdown:

Room #1: The Basement Unit

The basement unit is a spacious, renovated PRIVATE space with its own half bath and back entrance as part of the package! However, the tenant of this space would still get to be part of the group house via sharing the kitchen and common spaces on the first floor. Thus, this tenant will get the best of both worlds—have a large, private space all to herself in addition to being able to join in all the fun that living in a shared house offers! 

·      Size: 15 x 16

·      Monthly Rent Price: $1,100

Room #2: Master Room A (located on 2nd floor)

Master bedroom "A" is a private room with beautiful wood floors and a spacious closet. While this room is private, it is connected to a back Master bedroom (Master Room B). Thus, the tenant of this room will become great friends with the tenant of Master bedroom "B" as they will sort out a "walk-through" arrangement. 

·      Size: 12 x 16

·      Monthly Rent Price: $725

Room #3: Master Room B (located on 2nd floor)

Master bedroom "B" is a private room with plenty of natural light facing the back of the home. This room is carpeted. While this room is private, it is connected to Master Bedroom "A." Thus, the tenant of this room will become great friends with the tenant of Master bedroom "A" as they will sort out a "walk-through" arrangement. 

·      Size: 9 x 16

·      Monthly Rent Price: $675

THE NEIGHBORHOOD:

The home is nestled in the lovely Petworth community, NW DC. The Petworth neighborhood is friendly and quiet, hosting a mix of young families as well as group houses like what this one will be! The home is located within a 5-minute walk to two beautiful DC parks—Sherman Circle and Grant Circle, NW. It is located within walking distance to 2 grocery stores (Safeway and Yes! Organic), the Petworth library and swimming pool, as well as super close to Upshur Street which has fantastic restaurants (Timber Pizza, Cinder BBQ, Taqueria Del Barrio) and other fun shops (Willow, Loyalty Books). 

PARKING & TRANSPORTATION: 

There are two off-street parking spaces in the alleyway behind the house which we have tended to use interchangeably as needed. For all others, there is plenty of free street parking (it is rare to not find a spot right in front of the house!), easy access to the 62, 63, 70, and 79 bus lines (less than 2 minute walk) as well as the Georgia Ave / Petworth metro station (Green / Yellow lines). 

THE HOUSE VIBE:

Semera and I are two chill, low-key, no-drama ladies in our 20's and 30's. Our group house has historically kept a culture of independence as well as anecdotal community. While each lady has had a busy life consisting of navigating their own schedule, food, lifestyle, etc., we do enjoy organic "how you doin''?" chats after work, an occasional movie night, and catching up on life while happening to cook at the same time in the kitchen. We want everyone to feel equally comfortable and welcome in their own home. While guests are certainly welcome, we ask that housemates respect the privacy of other housemates in doing so (I'm happy to chat further about how this works for us!). We prioritize cleanliness (especially dishes:)), kindness, and consideration.

ADDITIONAL DETZ:

·      Utilities are between $100-$130 per tenant per month. We split all bills evenly and share certain daily supplies (i.e., toilet paper, paper towels, dish soap, etc.). This utility amount also covers a monthly cleaning service which does the WHOLE house (including bedrooms upon request).

·      A security deposit will be required for the same amount as one month's rent (to be returned at the end of the lease).

·      The lease will begin July 1st, 2023. This will be for one year (ending June 30, 2024). 

That’s it! I am excited to meet you! If interested to live in this incredible home, please do not hesitate to email me (Bonnie McIntyre) at club4704eighthstreet@gmail.com. It would be great to learn more about you and what you’re looking for in a home / housemates! I am happy to share additional pictures of the rooms and/or the house in general per request. 

Talk with you soon!

Bonnie 

Comments

This discussion has been closed.