All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

$725/per month Room in Beautiful D.C. Petworth Neighborhood Group Home

Hello! My name is Loren, and I am an active duty Navy Sailor seeking a new housemate to replace myself in a wonderful group house in the Petworth neighborhood! You would be taking over my lease in a room costing $725 per month (not including utilities) and sharing the beautiful home with 4 other women. I am only moving for logistical reasons with another spot being closer to work, etc. This home has provided everything I needed for the 5 months I’ve been living here and although every one of the housemates have varied schedules – I have loved getting to know the women I live with. It is a wonderful group home with great kitchen etiquette (sharing the stove when needed or having the kitchen to yourself when meal prepping, etc.) and we all communicate very well with a shared group chat about household concerns or just general Q&A’s for maximum household efficiency and to avoid any confusion or miscommunication. I would highly recommend this home to anyone who would like a spacious kitchen (for the D.C. area and the price, this kitchen is gorgeous!), a nice dining room and comfortable living room – along with a short parking lane in the back of the house (just need to communicate with fellow roomies to park for awhile if you’re traveling or out of town and you can snag a spot!).

Here are the details:

The House: This is a 4 bed, 2.5 bath beautiful row house property with gorgeous wood floors, antique features, and a spacious, modern kitchen. The home has plenty of relaxing outdoor space with both front and back porches and a garden—great for grilling and entertaining! The house is equipped with A/C, in-unit laundry, and an off-street parking space. There is plenty of indoor storage and secure outdoor storage for bikes.

The Room: A bedroom on the second floor ($725 per month, not including utilities).

The Neighborhood: The home is nestled in the lovely Petworth community, NW DC. The Petworth neighborhood is friendly and quiet, hosting a mix of young families as well as group houses like what this one will be! The home is located within a 5-minute walk to two beautiful DC parks—Sherman Circle and Grant Circle, NW. It is located within walking distance to 2 grocery stores (Safeway and Yes! Organic), the Petworth library and swimming pool, as well as super close to Upshur Street which has fantastic restaurants (Timber Pizza, Cinder BBQ, Taqueria Del Barrio) and other fun shops (Willow, Loyalty Books). 

Parking & Transportation: The house contains an off-street parking space in the alleyway behind the house that can fit up to two cars if both roommates are willing to negotiate! There is plenty of free street parking (it is rare to not find a spot right in front of the house!), easy access to the 62, 63, 70, and 79 bus lines as well as the Georgia Ave / Petworth metro station (Green / Yellow lines). 

Move-In Date(s): The lease will begin January 1st. Lease details will be discussed with landlords, upon interest being expressed.

That’s it! I am excited to meet you! If interested to live in this incredible home, please do not hesitate to email me (Loren) at lfwdance@gmail.com. It would be great to learn more about you and what you’re looking for in a home / housemates! I am happy to share additional pictures of the room and/or the house in general per request.

Talk with you soon!

Loren

This discussion has been closed.