All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

Looking for CF for Single Room by Potomac Ave Metro $1138 After 12/3/22

edited November 2022 in Housing

Hello! I’m a CF in my mid 30s looking for a female housemate to rent a 11 x 12 room in a sunny, spacious Capitol Hill/ Eastern Market townhome, just a couple blocks from Potomac Ave metro any time after December 3rd.

The Room/House/Area:

The room is not furnished, has two large sunny windows and a double-wide closet for a lot of space. It’s next to the hallway closet that’s shared, along with the washer and dryer, and upstairs full bathroom.

There’s another half bath on the first floor, with an open floor plan that gets a lot of light from spacious living room to kitchen (that has a dishwasher).  There’s some furniture in the common space (e.g., TV, couch, coffee table, dining room table, some chairs), but may have room for more if needed.  

Utilities are separate from rent. Your portion of rent would be only $1138 (great deal!). Utilities are only water (½ is about $50/mo.), electricity (1/2 is about $50/mo.), and internet (1/2 is about $40/mo.); overall budget about $150 on utilities/mo.  

Outside there’s a garden sitting area both in front and back (nice for warmer weather!). There is one parking spot currently not being used if needed, and street parking is also plentiful.

We are a 10-minute walk to Eastern Market, 5-minute walk to Potomac Ave Metro, 15-minute walk to Lincoln Park, 10-15 walk across the bridge to the Anacostia River Trails, and a 15-minute walk down to the Navy Yard Waterfront area by the Nationals’ Stadium. There are a plethora of grocery stores to choose from including Harris Teeter a block from the house, Safeway 10 min walk away, and Trader Joes and Yes Organic in Eastern Market.

About me:

Originally from CT, I moved to DC over 6 years ago for my still current job with the Environmental Protection Agency, so I keep working professional hours (M-F, 8AM - 6PM) – telework most days during the pandemic still, going in to the office in Annapolis 1 day/week. I am an introvert to recharge/get stuff done (e.g., I work out after work most days), but I like being social in my own home with whom I live (e.g., chat coming and going, movie/show nights as schedules allow). I’m still pretty cautious w/ COVID b/c of my asthma, but we can discuss comfort levels :). Because I have allergies, sorry no pets with fur (hair is ok though! I do love dogs), and no smoking.

You?

I’d love to learn more about you! An ideal fit would be someone who is clean/pitches in to take care of the house, responsible/communicative/can live well with others, and can live in an environmentally friendly household.

Rental terms

Month-to-month added to my lease w/ our property management property, SGS. I would like to find someone looking to stay through the cold fall/winter/spring months (e.g., 6 months).

If you are interested, please message me (ehhel3986@gmail.com). God bless! Emily