All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

Looking for CF roommate for spacious NoMa townhouse, 1-year lease starting Aug 15th (or Sep 1st)

Hey all! We're looking for a third Christian female roommate for a 1-year lease starting August 15th (or a bit later if necessary). We had a roommate confirmed, but some unforeseen circumstances came up, so we're posting here again 

Rent is $1050/month. Utilities (gas, electricity, Internet) are usually $80-90/month, and the details for the room and the apartment are listed below.

I have a dog, so she would be one of your roommates as well! She's a 1.5-year-old husky/Aussie mix named Chaia 

The room:
- 13x15 feet
- 2 closets: one with a clothing rack and one shoe closet
- two skylight windows

The apartment:
- townhouse style, 2nd and 3rd floor
- open-concept lower level with living room, kitchen, dining room
- back balcony
- tons of natural light
- tall ceilings
- in-unit washer and dryer, dishwasher, garbage disposal
- upstairs full bath and downstairs half bath
- I already have a ton of furniture, appliances, kitchenware, etc.

The location:
- R Street NE
- Lots of families on the street
- Dog park at the end of the road, so people are always walking their dogs by the house
- zoned street parking
- 8-minute walk to the NoMa Metro stop
- P6 bus stop right in front of the apartment
- one block from the Metropolitan Branch Trail

About me:
- I'm a 24-year-old high school math teacher, transitioning into tech/data
- I go to National Community Church at the Capital Turnaround

About my other roommate:
- 24-year-old full-time master's student and part-time barista
- Also attending NCC

We're both clean and quiet, and we love cooking, reading, going for long walks, and making friends!

And here's your other future roommate, Chaia :)

Comments

• Hi! I am interested in learning more about this housing opportunity! I am a recent college grad and believer, and starting next week I will be working at the Carnegie Endowment. I am able to work remote until after Labor Day, so I am hoping to move to D.C. anytime before that. Please let me know if you'd be interested in connecting more over facetime, phone call, or Zoom. My email is isabelshahar@gmail.com
  • Hello! I recently graduated from undergrad in Indiana and am moving to D.C. in early September! I would love to discuss the possibility of joining your lovely apartment. I'm eager to get involved at NCC and would love to live with like-minded individuals. My email is jbuller02@gmail.com, but feel free to call/text me at (574) 238-1288!
  • Hi! I am a recent grad of UGA, and I am moving to DC mid September. I am a 23 y/o Christian female looking to find some great housemates in a great area! I'm very interested in this space and I'd love to know more. Please reach out via email at lgtate99@gmail.com. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.