All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

Looking for 3 CF roommates in Arlington/Alexandria- rent $832+utilities

Hi! My name is Rachel Franks! I am a grad student and attend the Lincoln Theater Campus! I currently live in Columbia Heights, but am moving to the Arlington/Alexandria area in March! (around the 19th) I have an Australian Shepherd Service dog, and she loves people. I am looking for 2 long-term roommates and one short-term roommate from March through June/July. There is someone who has already claimed one room for a June/July move-in. She has two cats that will be coming (so if you're not an animal person, this house may not be for you. Rent is $832/mo, and that includes lawn care, plus monthly utilities split between the four of us. There is a garage, driveway, and street parking, so you are in good shape if you have a car! There is a spacious kitchen, living room, dining room, and Florida style sun-room (I love plants and reading, so that is what I am thinking for the vibe in there. There is a back patio and fenced-in backyard with a firepit.

The rooms available are two upstairs and one downstairs (i will be in the other one downstairs). The second downstairs bedroom is the one available only for a short-term lease. The two upstairs rooms are available for long-term. There are two bathrooms, one shared by the downstairs roommates and one shared by the upstairs roommates. One of the upstairs rooms only has space for a twin-sized bed, but has roof access. The other upstairs room doesn't have a closet in the room, but there is space for a dresser/stand-alone closet, and plenty of space in the garage for storage if you need it. 

I am pretty easygoing, but I like a clean space, so if it is a common area, there will be a cleaning/chore schedule depending on the week to make sure that all the roommates feel like they aren't the only ones cleaning the kitchen/bathroom/living room or something like that. If it is a common area, pretty much the house rule is to keep it clean. We will discuss as roommates if anyone has any particular preferences and we can come up with a roommate contract together as a group. 

I love Jesus and am looking for Christian female roommates who share that passion and wouldn't mind having bible studies, worship nights, etc. at our house. I am also very social, but definitely an introvert, so I completely understand the need for personal time and personal space. If you are interested, please reach out and I would love to connect! 

(downstairs room short-term lease below)

(Upstairs room w no closet below)

(upstairs room w roof access below)

Comments

• Hello  Rachel. I saw your housing ad on NCC's Forum and am interested. Is one of the rooms still available?  The house looks nice and it appears to be close to my work--Trader Joe's at Bailey's Crossroads. 
    A little about me... I attend NCC NoVa. Just moved back to the area in October. Used to live here but went back to California for family. They all moved out of the state/country as a result of Covid, so I decided to move back. I'm currently staying with a friend as she readies her house to sell. So, it's time for me to move in the March time.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Blessings,
    Irene
  • Hi Rachel, are there rooms still available? I would love to chat more about it! My email is hmcintyre2240@gmail.com.