All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

CF Seeking Housing or Roommates in DC Area

Hello everyone!

I am a 24 year old Christian female moving to the DC area in early February for a new job. A friend recommended checking local church classifieds for housing, and I was happily surprised to find many great communities and resources. I am looking for a private room, English basement, shared townhome, or apartment ideally ~$1,000/monthly or lower, with a high cap around $1300. If you have a room for rent, know anyone looking to sublet a room or apartment, or are seeking a roommate for an upcoming move, I would love to speak with you. My start date is quickly approaching, so I am also interested in short term rentals as I continue to look for more permanent housing arrangements.

As a short background, I am a recent college graduate from University of North Georgia with degrees in business management (supply chain) and Chinese language & literature with a computer science minor. I currently work in Atlanta but will be moving to the DMV area for a new position. I love distance running, and ran cross-country and track & field for 5 years in college, specializing in the 1500m, 5000m, and 3000m steeplechase races. In other words, as a roommate you will often find me lacing up my trainers for morning runs or workouts, and if you're interested in running I would love to find a training/running partner! I also love languages, so you may hear some badly pronounced foreign words as I practice or see my notes on a whiteboard. My other hobbies include singing, cooking, watching old movies, reading mystery novels, and practicing Krav Maga (Israeli form of self-defense - very fun!!). As a tenant, I will take very good care of your property, as I appreciate the opportunity to live in your home. I also have two adorable and well-behaved young cats, Skimbleshanks and Humphrey, who will be moving with me. They are sweet and well-adjusted to other animals, and they absolutely love to play. As such, I am trying to find a situation with a larger room or shared house that will minimize their boredom while I am away at work during the day. 

Well, that's me! If you know of any housing opportunities, please reach out. I would love to talk and can be reached via email at breehammond@gmail.com or by phone at 678-699-9284 (if I miss the call, please feel free to leave a message, and I will return your call later that day). I don't know anyone in the area, so I would also welcome church recommendations. Excited to move, and hope to connect with some of you soon! 

Best,
Bree Hammond