All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

Female Housemate to Join Lease in Quiet Arlington Home

Hi there -

I am moving out of my apartment at the end of January (moving out of state to pursue a creative opportunity) & in need of someone to take over the remainder of my lease! 

Logistics:
Available after January 31st for move in. Earlier move in date easily negotiable. Rent is $1098 plus utilities. Utility share is typically between $50-$100 depending on heating/cooling costs for the month. Only utilities paid are internet ($30) and heating/cooling (ranges). More information & photos are available upon request (I felt weird posting photos of my home for anyone on the internet to see, but totally different if you're interested in the space).

The House:
Shared with one other woman. This is a 3 bed, 2 bath split-level home. The apartment has a large kitchen with dishwasher, carpet in common areas and bedrooms, in unit washer/dryer, large storage closet, beautiful yard & garden, firepit and upstairs deck. We use the 3rd bedroom as a guest room and creative studio. The apartment is pet-friendly, but there will be no pets residing in the apartment upon your move-in. 

The Room: 
Your potential room is 8 ft by 16 ft on the second level of the house. It has an attached private bathroom, closet and two large windows. Landlord allows tenants to hang decor as they'd like as long as holes are patched prior to departure. 

The Housemate:
The woman you'd be living with is an HR professional in her late 20s who regularly works from home. She's introverted, friendly and very conscientious. By far, the kindest and most accommodating housemate I've had to date. She enjoys rock climbing, embroidery, writing music, reading and evening movies. She travels every other weekend to Baltimore, so you'd have the space to yourself.

The Neighborhood:
The home is nestled in a quiet neighborhood a few blocks north of Arlington in Cherrydale. We have several quiet, friendly neighbors surrounding us. There is a Safeway & Dunkin within a three minute walking distance and a Starbucks, Giant, BGR and Italian Store within fifteen minutes walking distance. Northside Social and Trader Joe's within twenty - twenty five minutes walking distance. 

Parking & Transportation:
There are four parking spaces available on the property as well as plenty of free, unzoned street parking. Easy access to Lee Highway / Langston Boulevard, 395, Leesburg Pike and Columbia Pike. Clarendon metro is within 20 minutes walking distance or you can take a seven minute bus ride to Rosslyn metro using the bus stop at the top of the block (2 min walk).

Lease Details:
The lease ends on June 30th, after which the landlord will sell the home. 

Let me know if you have any interest & any questions that aren't covered above! 

Always,
Krista