All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

Spacious, private English basement in amazing Petworth group home, January 1, $1035

Click here for photos!

The perks:

I have absolutely loved my time at Petworth’s best group house, but will sadly be moving out in early January. My three late-twenties-to-early-thirties roommates (and sweet, small pup, Ford—@lordyitsfordy on Instagram) are fun-loving, kind, generous, hilarious, and thoughtful and you will adore having the best of both worlds: a private basement apartment with amazing friends upstairs. I have loved having Netflix nights and dinner parties upstairs with roommates and friends, and then retreating to my own private oasis when I’m feeling introverted. It’s a set-up you cannot beat. 

The details:

Monthly rent for the basement apartment is $1035 plus utilities (gas, water, electric, internet). Move-in is flexible between December 31 and February 1, with the lease going through July 31, 2022 with the option to renew.

The space:

Bedroom, living area, private bathroom, and spacious kitchen all to yourself with plenty of storage, an induction stove top, oven, and microwave. Yes, that’s right, you essentially have a one bedroom apartment all to yourself. The only thing shared is the laundry, which the upstairs roommates also use. You will love also having full access to the front porch, back porch, back patio (where we usually have a fire pit set up), and shared living spaces upstairs which are all cozy, stylishly decorated, and fully equipped. 

Furnishings:

The bedroom and kitchen are available partially furnished if desired. In the bedroom, the brand new twin bed—Avocado brand mattress, mattress cover, box spring, bed frame, three sheet sets (cotton, percentile, and jersey), organic cotton duvet set, a Buffy brand comforter, and two pillows—will be available as a bundle for $900, an amazing discount on what is an over $1500 value. The white desk and desk chairs are available for free, as well as the bookshelf, on loan from upstairs until the lease ends. The island counter and stools in the kitchen are also borrowed from an upstairs roommate and are free for you to use. The wicker dresser/credenza in the kitchen is also available. Several if not all rugs will also be for sale, I’m just not yet sure which I’ll be bringing with me. If you’re interested in bundling some of the items for sale, let me know or make me an offer and I’m happy to provide a discount!

The roommates:

Margeaux is your go-to coffee genius and banana bread wizard. She can tell you about any Oscar-winning film and fills our home with music. Jo’s tender heart and personality are a soothing presence and delightful company, as are the beautiful flower-pressed artwork she creates for her small business, JoJoMade. She also makes a mean cocktail and loves vintage housewares! Katie is a Swiss Army knife in human form. You will be amazed at the welded, sanded, stained, cut, pasted, and painted treasures she crafts with her own two hands. Her chipotle aioli is also a household staple, and her plant game is unmatched. She’s also the dog-mom for bonus roommate, Ford, who, if you’re lucky, will sport a tiny sweater for special occasions. If you love tasty food, riveting conversation, a good laugh, a good cry, camping, coffee, and good vibes, this is the house for you.

Petworth:

Do you love wide, family-filled, tree-lined streets AND living in one of the best cities in the US? Run, don’t walk, to Petworth. Within walking distance, you’ll find green space and some of DC’s best restaurants. 

If interested, with any questions, or to schedule a visit, please email Sarah at solutiongraphic.sarah@gmail.com.