All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

$850/mo - Avail August 1 or mid July- Looking for CF for home in Alexandria (Bailey's Crossroads)

edited June 2021 in Housing

We are seeking a CF housemate to fill a medium-sized room in a group house in Bailey's Crossroads. Deetz below:

The House:

This is a 5 bed, 2.5 bath beautiful split-level house that was updated a few years ago. The home has a large kitchen, wood floors in the common areas, carpet in the bedrooms, washer/dryer, dishwasher, large backyard, and both front and back decks (which are perfect for entertaining). We use the 5th bedroom as a guestroom for visiting friends and family. I own the house and will double as your housemate and landlady.

The Room:

The room you’d be occupying is a sunny 13’x11’ room on the main floor of the house. It comes with two small closets (walk in and reach-in). You’d share a bathroom with one other girl on the main floor.

The Neighborhood:

The home is nestled in a quiet neighborhood in Bailey’s Crossroads. We have a bunch of friendly neighbors surrounding us. It’s a 5-minute drive to hop onto 395, Trader Joe’s, Giant, and shops in Bailey’s Crossroads; and a 10-minute walk to beautiful nature parks.

Parking & Transportation:

There is plenty of free street parking available. The neighborhood is not zoned. Easy access to 395, Leesburg Pike, and Columbia Pike.

Rental Terms and Costs: 

-        Lease is one-year with the option to renew

-        Rent the room is $850 + utilities (split four-ways)

-        Utilities range from $90-$130 depending on season of the year. This includes internet, water, gas, & electricity.

-        Security deposit the room is one-month’s rent ($850).

-        Prior to move in, you'll need to provide a valid credit score, 3 references, and a one-month deposit of rent for your security deposit.

Move-In Date(s):

The room is available on August 1, 2021. There is flexibility to move-in in mid-July but you would need to occupy the guest bedroom till the current tenant moves out. Rent in July would be prorated.

About Me:

I will be your third housemate and landlady in this amazing home! I am in my 30’s and moved to DC nine years ago to work with the military. For work, I am an executive assistant in Arlington in WFH status till September. I am active at my church, a total foodie, Broadway fan, international traveler, and I love to garden and host group dinners home (pre-Covid) and BBQs on our decks. Covid Disclosure: I, and the rest of the ladies in the house, am fully vaccinated. 

House Culture: 

The ladies of this live a lifestyle of fun, chill, and in pursuit of Jesus! We are all working professionals who have been living together for the past three years. We love opening our home for fellowship and occasionally host church events like dinners, BBQs, and Bible studies. We are looking for someone who is interested in engaging in intentional community with one another, yet also happy to give space in respecting one another’s privacy and personal life.

As I mentioned earlier, the fifth bedroom is a guestroom for visiting friends and family. Now that my parents are retired, they may occasionally visit and stay at the house for up to two-weeks at a time.

About You:

You are at least 25 years old. You love Jesus and are friendly, considerate, and neat / clean. You enjoy living in community yet are also happy to take your personal space (and are comfortable with your housemates doing so as well:)).

Lastly, for the sake of full disclosure, here is the non-negotiables list 

-       No drugs

-       No smoking

-       No boyfriends spending the night

-       No pets

-       No drama

-       Must be Covid vaccinated

Tagged: