All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

Bedroom Avail. July 1 in a 2 Bed/1 Bath Capitol Hill Apartment - Near Metro, Grocery, Dining...

Single bedroom for rent in a sunny, 2 bedroom/1 bathroom, Capitol Hill apartment.

$950 per month plus half of electricity and internet (an average of $60 a month depending on the season). This is a month-to-month lease. Someone who plans to stay 6 or more months is preferred, but not required.

One month of rent required for security deposit ($950).

Available for rent beginning July 1, 2021. (Or possibly a little sooner)

About the apartment: This is one of two residential apartments situated on the second floor above a commercial office-space. Since this is a 2 bedroom apartment, you only have to share the space and bathroom with one other person. There are plenty of windows with sunlight (much better than an English basement)! The apartment will be completely repainted in June and has recently re-finished 100-year-old wooden floors, central heating and air conditioning, and an in-unit washer/dryer. I already have most basic kitchenware. All the furniture in the living room belongs to me, so it will remain in the apartment. The building has space for storing a bicycle.

About the bedroom: Dimensions 11 ft x 8.5 ft. One large window with a nice view of the surrounding neighborhood. The room comes unfurnished, except for a wardrobe since it does not have a built-in closet. The large closet in the living room is also yours for additional storage (5 ft x 3 ft).

About the location: All within one block you have the Potomac Avenue Metro Station (Orange/Silver/Blue lines), a grocery store (Harris Teeter), The Roost (a new food hall with several dining options, a coffee shop, and bar - https://www.theroostsedc.com/), a Capital Bike Share docking station, and the Anacostia River Walk (a great place to run and bike). Barracks Row, Eastern Market, and Lincoln Park are also within easy reach. The Capitol and Navy Yard are also totally walkable/bikeable, too. Ample Zone 6 street parking and quick access to I-295.

About the roommate: I'm a mid-twenties male who has been working in communications/public relations and has been living in this apartment since moving to D.C. 2.5 years ago. I generally keep things calm and quiet around the apartment, especially weekday evenings. I keep things mostly clean and tidy, and would like to share the space with someone who will help do the same. I enjoy getting outside and riding my bike around the city, working on creative projects (see the artwork in the living room), and continuing to find new places in D.C. to eat/experience. As my potential roommate, you are welcome to join in at anytime if you want, but it's not an expectation.

To inquire about this bedroom for rent, tell me a little bit about yourself, why and when you plan on moving, include a link to a public social media account, and a good joke if you have one. Also give specific days/times you would like to see the apartment.

Before anything is settled, I would also like to get coffee or do a Zoom call so we can chat to make sure both the apartment and the roommate are a good match.

Final note: no pets and no smoking.