All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

Seeking CF for beautiful NW, DC home! $930 per month

edited June 2021 in Housing

My beloved housemates are headed off to new life adventurous I am looking for two awesome Christian women to fill two empty slots and complete this lovely home in NW, DC! These fabulous women will be the second and third housemates along with myself, another Christian female doing life in the District. The two available rooms include the Master Bed & Bath (available as early as June 7) and the Large Bedroom (available immediately). 

Here are the detz: 

The House:

This is a 3 bed, 2.5 bath beautiful row house property that was updated a few years ago. The home has a large kitchen, wood floors throughout, in-unit laundry, and both front and back porches. The landlord is awesome (seriously, how often do you hear that?) and takes great care of the house. All “Club 4710” alum have loved it here!

The Rooms:

The Master Bedroom faces the front of the house (street). It features three large windows, a reading “nook,” and—everyone’s favorite—a ginormous closet! The tenant of this room will be pampering herself in style as the room includes its own private full bath with not just one, but TWO sinks! This room is $1,050 per month.

The Large Bedroom overlooks the backyard area, featuring one large window, spacious open area for a twin or full bed and private closet. Additional storage for the tenant of this room is available through-out two hallway closets. While this room is private, it’s tenant will share a bathroom with one other lady (me!). This room is $930 per month. 

The Neighborhood:

The home is nestled in the lovely Petworth community, NW DC. The Petworth neighborhood is friendly and quiet, hosting a mix of young families as well as group houses like ours. The home is located within a 5-minute walk to two beautiful DC parks—Sherman Circle and Grant Circle, NW. We are located within walking distance to 2 grocery stores (Safeway and Yes! Organic) as well as super close to Upshur Street which has fantastic restaurants (Timber Pizza, Cinder BBQ, Taqueria Del Barrio) and other fun shops (Willow, Loyalty Books). 

Parking & Transportation:

There is one off-street parking spot available for either new tenant moving in (first come, first serve) located in a driveway in the back of the house. There is plenty of free street parking (it is rare to not find a spot right in front of the house!), easy access to the 62, 63, 70, and 79 bus lines as well as the Georgia Ave / Petworth metro station (Green / Yellow lines). 

Costs: 

·      Rent for the Master bed & bath is $1,050 per month and rent for the large bedroom is $930 per month. 

·      Security deposit for both rooms is a one-time payment of $667.

·      Utilities range from $90-$130 depending on season of the year. This includes internet, water, gas, & electricity.

Move-In Date(s):

The Master Bed & Bath is available as early as June 7, 2021 and the Large Bedroom is available as early as June 1, 2021. The landlord would prefer a minimum 6-month lease for both rooms.

About Me:

I will be your third housemate in this amazing home! I am in my 30’s and moved to DC four years ago to begin my PhD in social work at Catholic University. I am in the dissertation phase and thus, spend a LOT of time typing away at my laptop attempting to make history:). For work, I am a professional Social Worker with George Washington University's Law Clinic and am an associate therapist at a local private practice. As a side hustle, I enjoy getting to “do life” with my dear brothers and sisters experiencing homelessness in the Union Station / NOMA area. I am active at my church, enjoy endless frozen pizza, international adventure, hiking, hosting group dinners in our home and have a slight obsession with Wonder Woman. Covid Disclosure: I am fully vaccinated. 

House Culture: 

The ladies of this home have historically balanced a lifestyle of fun and chill! While myself and these two new housemates (could it be you?!) will be starting afresh, I am looking for ladies who are interested to engage in intentional community with one another, yet also happy to give space in respecting one another’s privacy and personal life. As a social-justice oriented, committed Christian, it is my hope to find ladies with similar values to all share this space together. 

About You:

You are at least 25 years old. You love Jesus and are friendly, considerate, and neat / clean. You enjoy living in community yet are also happy to take your personal space (and are comfortable with your housemates doing so as well:)).

Lastly, for the sake of full disclosure, here is the non-negotiables list 

·      No drugs

·      No smoking

·      No boyfriends spending the night

·      No pets

·      No drama

That’s it! I am are excited to meet you! If interested to live in this incredible home, please do not hesitate to email Bonnie at bonniemci@gmail.com. It would be great to learn more about you and what you’re looking for in a home / housemates! I am are happy to share additional pictures of the room and/or the house in general per request. I will also gladly provide either a virtual tour via Zoom or have you come by for a masked and socially distanced visit.

Talk with you soon!

- Bonnie