All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

Available April 1 for CF: 1 bedroom with a private bathroom in a Alexandria townhouse

Available April 1: 1 upstairs bedroom with a private bathroom in a 3-level townhouse in Northern Alexandria! Great location! Great housemates!

The house: A new AC and roof have been installed. A fresh coat of paint has been given to most of the house. It is close to several parks, and the neighborhood is safe. We have great neighbors who are quiet and friendly. There is a washer and dryer, internet, and recycling. The backyard is fenced-in with plenty of room to garden. There is plenty of street parking with a driveway we share in a rotating basis. The landlord is local and very responsive to requests.

Transportation & Nearby Shops: The house is close to the 395 Shirlington/Quaker Lane exit. There are also three bus lines that are within 5-7 minutes walking distance that will take you to King Street Metro and/or Braddock Road Metro. Del Ray/Old Town/DC are nearby and Braddock Road and King Street metro stations (blue/yellow lines) are only a 5-7 minute drive away with free un-ticketed parking near Braddock Road metro. There are popular local restaurants nearby, a post office, several great shopping centers, and gyms. There's also a Trader Joe's and Whole Foods Market 10-12 minutes away.

About me and my roommates: I've lived in this lovely home for 2.5 years and I'm moving out because I found a place closer to work. I've enjoyed the peacefulness of this home, being in walking distance to several wonderful family-owned restaurants and beautiful parks, and, of course, my amazing roommates! One of the roommates is a NOVA native who is a friendly introvert and archivist. Another recently moved from Ohio and works in interior design. A third roommate is moving from Kentucky to begin working in-person in Arlington. We all get along great and enjoy living together. 

Ideal housemate: We're looking for a female housemate who is clean, considerate, conscientious of others and their things. We are active in our churches and have our own friend groups, but also enjoy each other's company. We’d love for someone who’d be open to game or movie nights!

Rental terms: The room is available April 1st, with flexibility to move in the weekend before (March 27-28) if need be. We’d prefer a year-long lease, with the option to go month to month afterwards. The available room is upstairs, has a private bathroom, and rents for $732.50/month. The utilities are split evenly among the roommates. They usually range from $50 to $100, depending on the time of year.

If this sounds like a good fit for you, please reach out! I'm happy to share pictures with you and schedule a time for you to see the place (either virtually or in person). Please email me at andrea.c.faulkner@gmail.com.