All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

Huge, sunny room for CF on Capitol Hill - $1025

The place: 14x14 room (unfurnished) with a large closet and its own fireplace, in an amazingly sunny 2br/1ba apartment a block from Lincoln Park. Easy walking distance from Eastern Market, the silver/orange/blue lines, and H Street, Street parking is easy, and shared laundry in the basement is free. The building is old and quirky, but clean and well-maintained.

The details: rent for the room is $1025 (plus $900 security deposit), and utilities average about $90 per person per month. I have a small and tidy cat who would love to be friends with you, but no other pets allowed, sorry. The lease is month-to-month, but I'm looking for someone who'll commit to staying for at least six months. Move-in would be in mid/late March.

Me: Single, in my 30s, and have been in DC for seven years and this apartment for six of them. I work in international education, still full-time telework right now but hopefully back to working downtown by early summer. My job is low-key, so it hasn't been hard to share space even when my current roommate was also teleworking. I attend Church of the Resurrection (Rez) on Capitol Hill. 

As a roommate I'm clean, laid-back, and happy to share space, but I lean more toward "friendly coexistence" than "doing community at home." I'm cautious about COVID (no guests indoors, masks in public, minimal travel) but not on hard lockdown, and looking for someone with similar standards.    

If you might be interested, please drop me a note at neubauer.anna@gmail.com and we can set up a virtual or real visit.