All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

$1200 private room available in Capitol Hill/H Street

Private room available in a 5-bedroom/2.5 bathroom house - End of February move in!

Hello! I am moving in with a friend who is new to DC and will therefore be looking to sublet my private room in a 5 bedroom home. The room is located on the third floor of a three story row house right off of H street Northeast/Capitol Hill. The room faces East with two windows, so there is lots of natural daylight in the morning (perfect for those fellow plants lovers!). The room has a bathroom inside of it as well. 

Currently in the house, there is one main level with an open living room and dining room with an archway to the kitchen and a half bath. There are three bedrooms and one bathroom on the second floor and two bedrooms and one bathroom on the third floor. The historic row house offers; exposed brick, lots of natural light, new paint, new washer and dryer in unit, and hardwood floors. There is a back patio & 2 off-street parking spaces in the back! 

The house is located half way down 5th and H and is a quiet street right off of bustling H street. There are three grocery stores within walking distance; Giant (5-min walk), Whole Foods (5-min walk), and Trader Joes (15-minutes walk in NOMA). Plenty of restaurants (CAVA, Farmbird, Starbucks, Farewell vegan food, Nandos, etc.) and is a 10-minute walk to Union Station and Union Station Metro stop. Additionally, it is only a 15-minute walk to the Capitol Building and House/Senate buildings. It really is an amazing location and will be sad to leave it!

The roommates: There are two males and three females living in the house currently, so we'd like to keep it co-ed if possible. We are all in our mid/late 20's--are progressive, respectful, LGBTQ+ friendly, and clean--that work in a variety of industries. If you are looking for some (Covid) safe fun with awesome people, this is a wonderful option!

Logistics: The lease is up at the end of May 2021 - you can either sublet the room until the lease is up , or you have the option to renew for 12-months starting June 1
I will be moving out February 26th
Rent is $1200 + utilities (usually no more than $60-$100 total depending on the season)
Will be showing virtual tours to those that ask. If interested in the room and house, I'll have you facetime with the current roommates. 
*was only able to attach one photo, so if this description fits what you are looking for, please reach out!

Madeline Egan
madeline15@mac.com