All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

Room and Office Space (furnished or unfurnished) in 2BR Capitol Hill Rowhouse

We are looking to for a clean, down-to-earth and COVID-conscious female roommate to fill the second room in a spacious 2BR apartment! If this sounds like you, read on! 

The Space: The house is super spacious and has a front and back porch, a huge kitchen with a dishwasher, and in-unit laundry that is shared with your roommate and one downstairs neighbor. Your large bedroom will have a windows with tons of natural light, a full closet with full length mirrors and a built-in dresser. It also comes with a smaller room that can be used as an office space, a yoga room, or additional storage. I am looking to sell my bed and can leave my desk/nightstand if you are interested. The kitchen and common space is fully furnished, but if you have additional furniture you’d like to add we can certainly make room. The house also features a security system and comes with a parking space if you have a car. 

The Location: The house is located in the heart of Hill East, a quiet and residential neighborhood just a ten minute walk from Capitol Hill. We are a ~2 minute walk from the Stadium-Armory metro, which services the blue/orange/silver lines, as well as several bus stops and capital bike share stations. There are a number of coffee shops and grocery stores within walking distance, including Safeway, the Pretzel Bakery, and the Roost (which has coffee shops, bars and several food options). Trader Joes and Eastern Market are also about a mile away. For those of you looking to get outdoors, there’s a great walking/biking trail that runs from the Hill East Neighborhood to the Navy Yard Waterfront, and the house is just ten minutes from Lincoln Park (a great place to hang out if you like dogs or simply people watching). 

The Roommate: Your roommate will be a clean, considerate 26 year old who works in PR and is taking COVID seriously. She likes going on walks, cooking and making cocktails. During non-COVID times, she enjoys brunch, happy hour and traveling with friends. 

The Rent: $1050/month plus utilities (50-80/month per person) 
Move in date is flexible, but ideally hoping for someone to fill the room beginning March 1st. The lease is month-to-month, but we’re looking to have someone to stay on until at least October. 

Please respond with a bit about yourself, what you’re looking for, and your ideal move-in timeline. We’ll be offering in-person tours with masks as well as virtual tours, depending on what you prefer. Looking forward to hearing from you! 

Comments

• I’m looking to move when my lease is up in June and/or if needed I can see I can move in sooner. I’m 30, work for the govt I’m foodie and love wine and drinks. I love spending time with friends and family. I am really friendly and have a bubbly personality. I’m currently teleworking from home.