All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

Seeking CF for beautiful NW, DC home (Petworth)! Master Bedroom Suite w/ Private Bathroom, $1,080

edited November 2020 in Housing

Hi hi! Myself (Bonnie) and my housemate Stacey are looking for an awesome Christian woman to complete our lovely home in NW, District of Columbia (Petworth community)! The room is available immediately. 

Here are the detz:

The House:

This is a 3 bed, 2.5 bath beautiful row house property that was updated a few years ago. The home has a large kitchen, wood floors throughout, in-unit laundry, and both front and back porches. The landlord is awesome (seriously, how often do you hear that?) and takes great care of the house. We have all loved it here!

The Room:

The room for rent is the Master Bedroom Suite with private bathroom. This room faces the front of the house (street), features three large windows with blackout blinds, a reading nook, and a ginormous closet containing an Elfa shelving system. There is ample space for a desk / work-from-home set-up. The tenant of this room will be pampering herself in style as the Master includes a private ensuite bathroom with double vanity and a skylight. Unfurnished. This room is $1,080 per month.

Please see attached for pics. I am also happy to email additional photos upon request!

The Neighborhood:

The Petworth neighborhood is friendly and quiet; hosting a mix of young families as well as group houses like this one. The home is located within a 5-minute walk to two beautiful DC parks—Sherman Circle and Grant Circle, NW. We are located within walking distance to 2 grocery stores (Safeway and Yes! Organic) as well as super close to Upshur Street which has fantastic restaurants (Timber Pizza, Cinder BBQ, Taqueria Del Barrio) and other fun shops (Willow, Loyalty Books). 

Parking & Transportation:

There is plenty of free street parking (it is rare to not find a spot right in front of the house!). Easy access to the 62, 63, 70, and 79 bus lines as well as the Georgia Ave / Petworth metro station (Green / Yellow lines). 

Costs: 

·      Rent for the Master bed & bath is $1,080 per month 

·      Security deposit is $667

·      Utilities range from $60-$110. This includes internet, water, gas, & electricity.

Move-In Date(s):

The room is available immediately. The landlord (Jenny) is interested in having this new tenant sign a year lease, however Jenny is flexible to negotiate a shorter-time frame if necessary. 

House Culture: 

The ladies of this home have historically balanced a lifestyle of fun and chill!  

I (Bonnie) am in my 30’s and moved to DC four years ago to begin my PhD in social work at Catholic University. I am in the dissertation phase and thus, spend a LOT of time typing away at my laptop attempting to make history:). As a side hustle, I enjoy getting to “do life” with my dear brothers and sisters experiencing homelessness in the Union Station / NOMA area. I am active at my church, enjoy endless frozen pizza, international adventure, hiking, and have a slight obsession with Wonder Woman.

Stacey is in her early 20's and a recent convert to DC life. She is a world-class statistician and soon-to-be "Mrs." as her and her bf are getting married this spring:) 

We are looking for a third housemate with similar faith values to share our beautiful space with!

About You:

You are at least 25 years old. You love Jesus and are friendly, considerate, and neat / clean. You enjoy living in community yet are also happy to take your personal space (and are comfortable with your housemates doing so as well:)).

Lastly, for the sake of full disclosure, here is the non-negotiables list 

·      No drugs

·      No smoking

·      No boyfriends spending the night

·      No pets

·      No drama

That’s it! We are excited to meet you! If interested to live in this incredible home, please do not hesitate to email me at bonniemci@gmail.com. It would be great to learn more about you and what you’re looking for in a home / housemates! I am happy to share additional pictures of the rooms / the house per request. I would also gladly provide either a virtual tour via Zoom or have you come by for a masked and socially distanced visit.

Talk with you soon!

- Bonnie Lynn McIntyre

This discussion has been closed.