All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

seeking CM for 11'x21' bedroom in Arlington CM home, 975/month, walk to EFC metro, avail mid-Dec '20

We are searching for a 5th guy to move into a room available mid-December 2020 (start date is flexible) to complete our fab five in a house in Arlington that’s a 5 minute walk from the East Falls Church metro and a 100-yard dash from the 66 on-ramps. There are 5 bedrooms, 3 full bathrooms, 2 kitchens, a screened-in porch, a ping pong table, a TV to host super bowl parties, a back yard with fire pit, plenty of free street parking, a roof, some walls, windows, doors, etc. What makes the house worth living in is the people. We’re a group of twenty-something Christian guys who love the brotherhood and fear God by being transparent with each other, encouraging each other with Scripture and try to cultivate an environment that encourages ourselves and those who come to the house to know God more deeply. We’ve developed that environment by spending time together as schedules permit through house dinners, parties, dinner parties and chillin’ hard together.  The room available is a 11’ x 21’ master bedroom with a large closet and shared kitchen and bathroom renting for $975/month from December 2020/January 2021 through May 2021 with the option to extend after. Utilities are shared and generally run around ~$80/month. If this sounds like something you want take part in, please get in touch with me at campbell.shane5@gmail.com.

Testimonials

Living at the house was a great experience; I was grateful for the fellowship of other Christian men and grew a lot from the friendships I made. Shane does a great job of taking care of the house and organizing roommate responsibilities, and planning around house activities was easy to do. If you're a Christian guy looking to live in Arlington and would welcome the fellowship and accountability of other Christian men, this is a great place to live.

I lived at the Shed during it's inaugural year from June 2018-July 2019. The house itself is great - excellent location near I-66 and the East Falls church metro, clean and spacious living areas (screened in porch was my favorite), and a nice backyard and patio that is excellent for grilling. The best part about it, though, was the guys in the house - we always did our best to stay up to date with what was going on in our lives and would go out of our way to pray for one another and serve one another in practical ways. Shane is a great landlord too, he's always on top of things and doesn't miss a step when it comes to maintenance and keeping things in order.

Since switching to the Shed, I have lost 25 pounds and saved 15% on my car insurance...jkjk. Living at the Shed has been, edifying, to say the least. I have always felt welcomed and respected here, and I have come to call this place "home." The guys are not afraid to challenge me in how I see things and spur me on to be a better follower of Christ. The area is also nice, and I have had a ton of fun living here and look forward to continuing being a tool in the Shed.

I’ve lived with the Men of the Shed for two years now and I can confidently say that this is a spot where I feel safe, and comfortable both geographically and personally. Everyday when I come home from work I know that I can count on these guys to give me personal space when I need it or provide personal encouragement and exhortation when I need that too. It has been a great blessing to get to know different Christian guys who have lived here over these last couple years and now even consider consider some of them close friends. I’m excited about the future of the Men of the Shed and am eager to see new young Christian guys who are interested in carrying on the house’s legacy.

I lived with the Men of Shed for the summer of 2019. I moved halfway across the country for a summer internship and desired to live with solid Christian men; let me tell you, I found them at the Shed. After moving, I realized what a blessing it was to live with these men who pursue God and righteousness on easy and hard days. The house and area are nice, but the guys are what really made the place a delight to live in.