All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

English Basement with Amazing Landlord Available October 15th - $1300 including utilities

English basement - complete with kitchen, full bath, and laundry room - available in Glover Park as early as October 15th, prorated for the month of October. One bedroom unit with separate entrance. Utilities, including internet but not cable, are included in the rent. I am the current tenant finding a new tenant on behalf of the landlord because I love this unit and landlord. The landlord is hands-down the most responsive and respectful landlord you will find. Grocery stores are a short walk away, and the shops and restaurants of Georgetown are also within walking distance. The unit has its own kitchen, bathroom, storage room, and laundry room. The lease is a one year lease.

I have loved living in this apartment:

- Landlord: The landlord lives in the main house above and responds with same day service for any maintenance issues. New blinds, A/C servicing, and HVAC replacement have all been ordered same day. The HVAC unit was replaced in August 2020, and the blinds in November 2019. Your interactions with the landlord are completely up to you. I have gone a couple months without talking to the landlord, and other months it has been nice to chat with the landlord on the balcony every week. Your space is your own, and there are no shared spaces. 
- Location: I've loved walking to Trader Joe's and Baked & Wired on a far too regular basis! The Trader Joe's is only a year old. The National Cathedral is also within walking distance. In times of quarantine, this neighborhood is great for walking! Lots of trails or sidewalks, depending on what you prefer. 
- Storage: This unit has impeccable storage for the size. The utility room has plenty of storage (my plethora of holiday decorations does not even come close to filling it). In addition, the living room closet has built in shelving; the kitchen has storage for a full pots/pans set, small appliances, cooking gadgets, and dinnerware; the bathroom has built in shelving; and the laundry room includes cabinets. 
- Parking: Zoned street parking is always available. I have never had to search for parking.
- Appliances: Gas stove, full washer and dryer, brand new HVAC, central air. Unit stays warm in the winter due to door blocking airflow up the stairs to the main house.
- Critters: No mice/bug problems! 

Please reach out with any questions or to schedule a virtual tour! Gloverparkapartment2020@gmail.com