All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

CF seeking summer housing for internship in D.C.

My name is Joy and I am a law student at Stetson University in Florida, and I received an internship opportunity at the Center for Public Justice. I am trying to find affordable summer housing- anything from a room to a shared apartment. If you know of anything, please let me know! 
Joy Branham
jbranham@law.stetson.edu

Comments

• Joy, 

My first time in D.C. (and a few more times after that) I lived at Thompson Markward Hall on Capitol Hill.  www.tmhdc.org is the place to find out more, but the small version is that you get a private room with bed, dresser, desk, bookcase, ect and a large closet.  They serve a hot breakfast and dinner every night of the week except Saturday dinner, and the house has a work out room, two living rooms, a library, and a media room.  Most of all, it's only four blocks from Union Station and four blocks from Capitol South metro stations.  It's $1050 a month, everything included, and it'll provide you with a really neat community of women to come home to every night.  I hope you find something great!

-HR
  • Hi Joy.

We rent out our first floor 1 bed/1 bath (300 sf) unit in our Arlington, VA townhouse. Shared dining/kitchen space and our family occupies the bedrooms on the 3rd floor. Off-street parking available in the complex. We are very bus and metro-accessible with primary bus lines to the city visible from the kitchen window and a two metro stops within a quick bus ride. 

Our current tenant is leaving to do mission work in late March, and the unit is available any time after that for short or long term. We typically rent the unit for $1100/mo (inclusive of utilities). 

Let me know if you are interested and would like to talk more!
  • Joy, if you're looking for a furnished place, I have a private room and bath available short-term. More information here if you're still looking! http://forum.theaterchurch.com/discussion/409/short-term-furnished-room-private-bath-on-capitol-hill#latest