All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

Furnished short term sublet in Capitol Hill for CF - Available Nov 2020 - June 2021 - $900

Hello!

I'm looking for a subletter for my room in my lovely house while I go off and see if I like the digital nomad lifestyle, as my office isn't requiring us to come back until next June. I love my house and my roommates, but would love to take advantage of this unique time and opportunity!

Sublet Timing: Available Nov 1, but I'm flexible for dates starting after that as well, and is available to rent until June 2021, or for a shorter block of months in between. My core months I would really like it rented are Jan - May 2021. Happy to do month to month but would want a 30 days heads up that you would be leaving. 

Costs: Charging $900 / month, plus your share of utilities - typically around $100 per month in the fall/spring and $115 in the winter. My rent is typically $1005/month, but I am subsidizing it as I am motivated to get this rented!

Neighborhood: Beautiful historic 1915 rowhome in NE DC, 4 blocks to H St / Whole Foods/ 12-14 min walk - depending on your speed  - to Union Station (Red line metro, buses, trains, etc). Walkable to Giant, other H St restaurants, etc.  Close to Capitol Hill offices (15ish min walk) if that is your thing!

House: Huge unfinished basement with storage space and washer/dryer, in addition to attic storage. Hardwood floors. Window Unit AC. Full kitchen with dishwasher and sink garbage disposal. Front porch/ back patio space, which I have loved gardening and spending time in this spring during quarantine!

Room: Bay windows with gorgeous morning and evening light! I love the light the room gets.  I would love to rent it out furnished but could also move this furniture to the basement if you have your own -- super comfortable bed, desk and chair set up for WFH, bookshelf, and sidetable for storage, plus built in bookshelves in the room. Average size closet, and wall shoe storage. 

Roommates: 30s/ late 20s professional Christian women - very friendly and enjoy hanging out together, chatting, watching TV, but also have their own churches/social circles.

See pictures here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1rI-z_YjNghZdTWTLa5J3RKZg2zWBgvK0?usp=sharing and on the craigslist post - it has one more pic of the room not included in the drive folder. https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/sub/d/washington-furnished-sunny-bedroom/7197504423.html

Please email me with questions or to set up a Zoom tour at kschramm1021@gmail.com!
Best,
Kathryn 

This discussion has been closed.