All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

Beautiful Cherrydale Arlington Apartment Available for CF- $825- Sept. 1 (early move in available)

edited August 2020 in Housing

I am looking for a Christian female to take over my roommate's portion of the lease as soon as possible through June 30, 2021.

Some details about the apartment: 
-Rent is $825 without utilities 
-The apartment is located in a beautiful, family friendly area of Cherrydale, Arlington and is within walking distance to a Chipotle, Starbucks, UPS store, and wine store (What more do you need?). Woodstock Park is also located right down the street. Very close to Ballston metro and has a bus stop right out front
-Utilities (internet and electricity) come to about $35-$50 each depending on how much electricity is used
-$730 security deposit / $40 application fee
-Your bedroom would be the bigger bedroom (the only one with a closet)
-2 Bed / 1 Bath
-Water, gas, and trash is included
-Street parking is ample and free. There is also a paid permit parking option in the lot 
-Laundry is coin operated and located in the basement level (where a free bike storage room is also located)
-Our apartment is on the top floor, corner unit, which means we have the most windows and tons of natural light
-There is a bus stop right outside the apartment that goes directly into downtown DC during peak hours (about 18 mins)
-Driving distance to DC - 8 minutes
-1.5 miles from either Ballston or Clarendon station
-Bus to Rosslyn metro - 10 minutes
-Our apartment community is a lot of young, working professional women. In the summer months, there's a group of ladies who like to socialize under a covered pergola that is furnished for sitting in; there is also a community garden. All our neighbors are very kind and friendly (only 11 units total in the building). 

Some details about me:
-I'm a 27 year old teacher. 
-I really enjoy living in a clean apartment.
-I'm actively involved in leading worship, Chinese bible study, and attending a small group with my church.
-Four years ago, I spent a year teaching abroad in Guangzhou, China and would like to continue improving my Chinese.
-I'm currently teaching all freshmen at a high school, where I've taught for four years. This year, I will teach freshmen and juniors. I'm also the Junior Class Sponsor, Debate Coach, and Mock Trial coach, so come fall I will be super busy with school.
-I would prefer living with someone who is a Christian and active with their relationship with Jesus.
-Most of my evenings are spent grading papers and watching "This is Us" or true crime documentaries.
-I love: quiet mornings with a good book and a cup of coffee, reading, building community, hosting friends for dinner, worshiping Jesus, DIY projects, cross stitching and crocheting.
-I do have a cat. Her name is Zula and she's the sweetest thing. She's a little black and white tuxedo cat; she's about 2-3 years and very affectionate. My roommate, who is moving out, and I adopted her last October. She can do tricks and loves people. Her litter box is concealed in a wooden cabinet that I made in the hallway, so there is no smell or mess with the litter.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Andrea
findingagoodroommate@gmail.com

Comments

• Hello, Andrea! I am a 28 year old CF who works in DC as a Digital Marketing Manager, and have recently graduated from Yale with my master’s (so I have recently moved from New Haven to Nova). I would love to hear more about this housing opportunity, and about all the housemates! Is this room still available? Please feel free to either respond below or to email me at savannahvdimarco@gmail.com. Thanks!!! Looking forward to your reply!

Savannah