All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

Apartment Available August 1 for CF - $850

I am looking for a Christian female to take over my roommate's portion of the lease starting August 1st and continuing through June 30, 2021.

Some details about the apartment: 
-Rent is $850 without utilities
-The apartment is located in a beautiful, family friendly area of Cherrydale, Arlington and is within walking distance to a Chipotle, Starbucks, UPS store, and wine store (What more do you need?). Woodstock Park is also located right down the street. Very close to Ballston metro and has a bus stop right out front
-Utilities (internet and electricity) come to about $35-$50 each depending on how much electricity is used
-$730 security deposit / $40 application fee
-Your bedroom would be the bigger bedroom (the only one with a closet)
-2 Bed / 1 Bath
-Water, gas, and trash is included
-Street parking is ample and free. There is also a paid permit parking option in the lot 
-Laundry is coin operated and located in the basement level (where a free bike storage room is also located)
-Our apartment is on the top floor, corner unit, which means we have the most windows and tons of natural light
-There is a bus stop right outside the apartment that goes directly into downtown DC during peak hours (about 18 mins)
-Driving distance to DC - 8 minutes
-1.5 miles from either Ballston or Clarendon station
-Bus to Rosslyn metro - 10 minutes
-Our apartment community is a lot of young, working professional women. In the summer months, there's a group of ladies who like to socialize under a covered pergola that is furnished for sitting in; there is also a community garden. All our neighbors are very kind and friendly (only 11 units total in the building). 

Some details about me:
-I'm a 27 year old teacher. 
-I really enjoy living in a clean apartment.
-I'm actively involved in leading worship, Chinese bible study, and attending a small group with my church.
-Four years ago, I spent a year teaching abroad in Guangzhou, China and would like to continue improving my Chinese.
-I'm currently teaching all freshmen at a high school, where I've taught for four years. This year, I will teach freshmen and juniors. I'm also the Junior Class Sponsor, Debate Coach, and Mock Trial coach, so come fall I will be super busy with school.
-I would prefer living with someone who is a Christian and active with their relationship with Jesus.
-Most of my evenings are spent grading papers and watching "This is Us" or true crime documentaries.
-I love: quiet mornings with a good book and a cup of coffee, reading, building community, hosting friends for dinner, worshiping Jesus, DIY projects, cross stitching and crocheting.
-I do have a cat. Her name is Zula and she's the sweetest thing. She's a little black and white tuxedo cat; she's about 2-3 years and very affectionate. My roommate, who is moving out, and I adopted her last October. She can do tricks and loves people. Her litter box is concealed in a wooden cabinet that I made in the hallway, so there is no smell or mess with the litter.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Andrea
findingagoodroommate@gmail.com
This discussion has been closed.