All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

Seeking roommate for 2BR/1BA in Pentagon City ($1265)

My roommate is moving out, and I am looking for someone to take over his place on the lease for a recently renovated 2BR/1BA in Pentagon City. You can also see the original Facebook post with a video tour.

About the apartment:
• Rent + utilities is $1,265/month for an unfurnished room with a flexible, pro-rated move in date on a lease that ends in November, which may also be renewed for 12 months. FiOS internet is extra $40.00/month.
• This apartment is located right next to Virginia Highlands Park and a Library. Within a 10-minute walk are the Pentagon City metro (blue/yellow line) and shopping mall, the Crystal City metro and shopping mall, and a strip of fabulous restaurants on 23rd Street. Parking is available, and there are several storage spaces for bikes and larger items.
• The bed room comfortably fits a queen sized bed in addition to a few small pieces of furniture. Air condition and heater work very well during the summer and winter seasons.
• The walls have been repainted in a light heather grey to complement the grey floors. The unit has updated appliances, floors, countertops, and dishwasher. The living space is open concept, with very large windows for those that have an affinity to natural lighting and plants. Outside, there is a small balcony, which is great for small get togethers or an early morning coffee.
• The washer and dryer units are located on each floor immediately down the hallway. The apartment complex also offers a small gym, a common room, free morning coffee, Amazon Hub, and Tide Delivery.
• This particular suite was one of the first apartments to be renovated and has not been occupied prior to myself and current roommate. The landlord is competent, proactive, and takes great care of the property.

Ideal candidate:
• A strong potential candidate would be respectful of the common spaces, keep the noise down especially in the evenings, and pay the rent on time. Unfortunately, pet owners will not be considered. A few minor caveats, the co-occupant is sensitive to strong cleaning products and candles in the common areas. He maintains and monitors a large air filter to keep the air clean.

About the roommate:
• Your roommate (me) will be a man in his late 20s. He works in the environmental field. Outside of work, he enjoys cooking, hiking, and meditation. He’s thoughtful, calm, and generally has been a fantastic roommate for the last 2.5 years.

Deadline:
• We would like come to a final decision by Monday, July 4th for a move in date no later than of July 15th, 2020.
• If you’re interested, please send brief message and we’ll set aside a time to become acquainted and further discuss any questions you might have. Additionally, I would be glad to offer a virtual tour of the apartment.