All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

2 CF's seeking housing starting July 1

Hi! We are Sarah and Erin and we are seeking cat-friendly housing. Sarah needs to move in by July 1, and Erin will move late July or early August. We're looking for two private rooms (shared bathrooms are fine) and are happy to either move into a place that has vacancies, or meet another roommate or two to look for a place with. Our budgets are $750/each (including utilities), and we would prefer something in the Arlington/Alexandria/Falls Church area (something with easy metro access, preferably).

About Sarah:
- Late 30's
- Enneagram 9w1 and INFJ
- I have a sweet, friendly cat named Fitz who will be coming with me. Picture of her is attached. :)
- Full-time grad student at GMU studying social justice and human rights. I am finishing up my first year now and am also working part-time. Prior to grad school, I worked as a project manager for a faith-based missions organization.
- I'm a social introvert. I love being around people but too much people time wears me out. So I prefer home to mostly be a place I can rest and recharge, and will definitely retreat to my room sometimes to snuggle up with a fuzzy blanket and my cat to have a Netflix marathon or read. But I also enjoy a good wine and board games night with roommates and friends (post-Covid when it's safe again, of course! :)).
- Likes things to be clean and organized.
- I'm a night owl, but I'm quiet.
- Things I enjoy include: board games, Netflix binges, podcasts, live music, reading, cooking/baking, dinner parties, going out for a drink and a chat, brunch, farmer's markets, exploring, trying out local restaurants. 

About Erin: 
- Early 30s
- Enneagram 3w4 and ISFJ 
- Working with a Christian ministry while starting grad school at GWU for global communication 
- Lived in Russia the past two years, has two porcelain tea sets if we want to have fancy brunch sometimes :) 
- A social introvert as well, needs time alone to recharge, enjoys interesting conversations, exploring the city
- Looking for a space that is clean and mold-free (due to sensitive allergies), and free of creepy bugs, especially if it's a basement :) 
- I'm all about keeping short accounts and living tension-free
- Enjoys a lot of the same things that Sarah does, but would add: running, barre, dance classes (have been doing a lot of virtual fitness classes during the coronavirus). Also loves exploring different cultures

If you have a place with two vacancies, or if you would like to look for a place with us, please feel free to email sarahruthwood at gmail dot com.

Sarah on the left, Erin on the right. From when we both used to live in Orlando and have annual passes to Universal Studios. :)

Sarah's cat, Fitz. 

Comments

• Hi Sarah & Erin :)

De'Siree here--I’m a 26-year-old Christ-follower who’s looking for a new place with Christ-like community. I attend National Community Church (NCC), co-lead NCC Ballston’s prayer team, serve on the 300 Team (intercession), and I'm currently helping with NCC’s apologetics group called Alpha Online .

My budget is around $650-$850 per month (including utilities), and I’m looking to move in by July 1st. I’m also seeking a place that has excellent WiFi connectivity--it’s especially important these days. And I'm placing a premium on a proximity to the metro/walkability.

I'm an animated introvert (enneagram 9w1) who is devoted to loving God and people well. I value clean living, respect, hospitality, community, and stewardship. And I would love to live with other sisters-in-Christ who are more than roommates...who are friends.

If you think we'd be a fun fit and would be interested in looking for housing together, feel free to email me: desiree.nicole1028@gmail.com.

You can also respond to my post here. I look forward to hearing from you!

Truth & Grace,
    Des

P.S.--Fitz is gorgeous! Digging her speckled look :)