All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

$1050 Room Available in 2 BD Capitol Hill Rowhouse--starting January 12th!

Hello!

I just signed a 1-year lease in this cool red brick apartment in NE DC (13th & D St NE). It's 850 sq ft and is the 2nd floor of a 2-story rowhouse, is on the end of the row of houses (which means good natural light!), and has a nice little west-facing back balcony. Total rent is $2250/mo. I will pay $1200/mo to live in the "master" bedroom and the other bedroom is currently open for rent!

A few relevant details:

- I plan on furnishing the common space and back balcony, so you only need to furnish for your bedroom unless you have some great common space furniture.

- Your bedroom is around 10'x11', easily fits a full bed and a dresser and nightstand, has two windows, and a small closet.

- I'm a CM who has lived and worked in NE DC for almost 10 years. I'm looking for a roommate (male or female) who's mature, responsible, clean, and laid back. I like to cook, watch & play sports, grow plants (not that kind--don't worry!), read, play board games, mix cocktails, and host social gatherings from time to time.

- The apartment has window units for A/C and radiators for heat, plus ceiling fans. The kitchen has a gas stove and there's an in-unit washer/dryer.

- Location is great: walking distance to H Street AND Lincoln Park and generally a quiet, safe neighborhood.

- Utilities are all paid through the landlord and will run about $75-$85/mo per person.

- Speaking of the landlord, he's fantastic! Extremely responsive to all my questions and is committed to making it a great living experience.

- You would co-sign the lease for full-year 2020, and we can revisit toward the end of the year if we want to continue.

- Move-in date is officially January 12th but can be flexible if you need to move in later in January  (and we can prorate your rent accordingly). 

If you're interested, please tell me a bit about yourself and perhaps you can stop by see and the place. Thanks--looking forward to hearing from you!