All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

CF roommate needed on Capitol Hill - $1090/month

edited January 2020 in Housing

I'm looking for a female roommate (preferably mid-20s or older) to share my sunny 2br/1ba apartment on the Hill, a block from Lincoln Park. 

Move-in is ASAP, and rent for January can be pro-rated. The lease is month-to-month and requires an application and proof of income, plus a $900 security deposit and $100 lease change fee. Monthly rent for the room is $1090, and utilities average about $90 per person per month. 

Easy walking distance from the Blue/Orange/Silver lines, H Street, Eastern Market, Harris Teeter, and numerous bus lines, and within biking distance to almost anywhere downtown. Street parking is Zone 6 and always easy to find. 

The place is a 2br/1ba in a 4-unit building and has tons of windows and natural light. The available room is unfurnished, about 14x15ft, and has bay windows, a huge closet, and its own working fireplace. The apartment is quirky, like most old buildings on the Hill, but it's really a great place.

I'm a CF in my early 30s and I work for a nonprofit in international education. Outside of work I'm usually doing things for/at my church on the Hill, hanging out with friends, or putzing around at home. As a roommate I'm very laid-back about sharing space, but I'm looking for someone who's generally tidy and considerate (and I try to be the same!). I'm an introvert who comes home mostly to be alone and recharge, so I'm friendly and courteous but not usually the best fit for roommates who want to hang out together a lot.

If you might be interested, please drop me a note at neubauer.anna@gmail.com.