All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

Mt. Pleasant Bedroom in shared 2 bedroom apartment (Available Dec/Jan)

edited November 2019 in Housing
Mt Pleasant Room Available: $1050 + Utilities

(across the street from the Mt. Pleasant Library / and your new voting location!)

Rent: $1,050 + utilities (varies with the seasons, but usually between $40-$60/ea)
- Deposit is 1 month's rent

Timeline: Move in as early as Dec 1st or late as Jan 2nd

Your space:  Medium sized bedroom (about 12'x 14'), LOTS of light with two south facing windows. Room faces Lamont Street. Good sized closet with lots of storage space above.
-option to purchase bed-frame / new foam mattress ($100) / air conditioning unit ($100) from my roommate who's moving

Shared space: large 2 bedroom apartment with high ceilings, so it feels roomy
- furnished living room, cozy
- hallway (spans the length of the apartment - large enough to store bikes and add storage units)
- kitchen: medium sized. Includes dishes, glassware etc.
- 1 bathroom
- 1 study / craft / storage room (this is right next to the vacant bedroom)

Apartment Building: because of its location / price, it’s a pretty competitive spot. Most folks have been in the building 5+ years. There are even a few families with adorable children, which is pretty typical for Mt Pleasant.
- responsive landlord and maintenance team
- coin laundry downstairs in basement
- security cameras and key fob lock

Roomie: You’d share space with me, a female researcher in my late-20s (no pets, non-smoker)  PhD student.
I enjoy making, entertaining/hosting, traveling, dancing (especially loooove latin dances), and chill nights in. I love live music and am always buying tickets to shows. I am good about keeping tidy common areas. I love hanging out over dinner, good conversation, and a glass of wine. I can always be convinced to go out, especially if music and dancing are on the agenda. I feel pretty at home here (I hope you will too). I'm hoping to stay for most of the duration of my program (3+ years) and continue to build community and invest in friendships and in my city! We don't have to be best friends, but we shouldn't be total strangers either.

Neighborhood Perks: Mt. P the best neighborhood in DC - fight me.
- Col Heights metro is a 7-10 min walk / S1 S2 S4 S9 H1-8 buses within 2 min walk / 42 bus is a 1 min walk
- Everything you need within 5-15 min walk: grocery, dry cleaning etc.
- Several community churches within a 2-20 minute walk (if you're church shopping!)
- Farmers Market every Saturday morning (Apr-Dec - 1 block away from the apartment!)
- Lovely cafes / restaurants / bars / local businesses 
- Easy walk/bike/bus to AdMo, Col Heights, Petworth, Kalorama, Woodley Park
- It’s gorgeous, especially if you like to run/ walk on residential streets

Downsides: It’s an older building, so while you get a lot of great stuff, an older building will occasionally need some TLC. We have only had one issue happen since living here 1 year, but the landlords took great care of the situation and it was handled within a few days.

Values: honest communication / community / respect / inclusion / conversation / hospitality / kindness

Comments