All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

$1100 Bloomingdale Basement w/ Off Street Parking -Looking for Renter

tl;dr: Great room, great price, moving out and hoping to fill vacancy asap so I won't be stuck paying rent in two places.

------------------------
Moving out and looking for someone to take over rent for the basement living space in this gorgeous three-story rowhouse, located in trendy/community-oriented Bloomingdale. Male or Female renter acceptable. The house is located on 2nd St. NW, just between W and Adams. You would share the rowhouse with 2 or 3 other housemates, although the basement itself would be your own. This is not specifically a Christian-centric living space. It's somewhere I found before finding NCC and this forum! But everyone is very friendly and respectful!

Hoping to fill vacancy quickly so if interested please contact me at mastaw21593@gmail.com

The basement features a large open room, private entrance, private bathroom, as well as the shared washer and dryer. You'd need to agree with your housemates on laundry hours as the laundry is in the basement but, in my experience, privacy has never been a problem.

The house itself has been recently renovated and painted. The living room, dining room and kitchen are located on the first floor, along with a front porch and back deck. On the second floor are two bedrooms (occupied by your potential new housemates), and a guest bedroom.

The house has plenty of outdoor space for you to enjoy, front and back deck for gardening or hosting gatherings around the grill. There are two parking spots in the back for off-street parking.

You would share the house with two professional women in their thirties. Both have busy schedules and are respectful of the space and each other’s privacy. The house is generally low-key, especially during the week, but current tenants enjoy throwing dinner parties, get together with friends, grilling out, etc. On the weekends, they often head out of town to go hiking, camping, kayaking, etc. They're avid bikers and swimmers, love to cook, and explore the city.

They’re hoping to find someone who is friendly, non-smoking, and equally as respectful and tidy.

We're surrounded by local eateries and bars! Just an 8-minute walk to Showtime, Boundary Stone, Red Hen, Bacios Pizzeria and Tyber Creek wine bar. A few blocks more and you’ll find DCity Smokehouse, ANXO Cidery & Pinchos Bar, and Big Bear Cafe. The Sunday farmer's market is a 10-minute walk.

Few blocks to G2, G8 and 80 buses
Few blocks to two Capital Bikeshare docks
Less than a mile to Shaw metro (yellow/green) and 20 minutes to NoMa metro (red).

Monthly rent: $1,100
Utilities: Electricity, gas, water, internet to be shared
Looking for 9 month occupancy
Move-in Oct 6, but could be flexible

Hoping to fill vacancy quickly so if interested please contact me at mastaw21593@gmail.com