All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

Looking for after-school babysitter for friendly 4th grade boy, 15-20 hrs per week, Shaw or AU area

Seeking a babysitter near either Shaw neighborhood or American University area in Washington DC for my friendly and happy 9-year-old son, $15 per hour.

The sitter will handle after school pickup for 3-4 days per week in afternoons. I have a car if needed, my son’s school is also across the street from American University, if the bus is easier.   My son is in school during core daytime hours of around 8:45 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. each day.

The sitter would help out with homework and help prepare a healthy dinner (which you are welcome to eat too). We’ll ask you to help with light errands at times related to my son, ie take to music or sports lessons every so often.

If sitter is flexible, I sometimes also have events for work in the evenings, if able to stay until about 9:30 p.m. or 10 p.m. potentially a night or two a week.  If I don’t have a work event, I’m home by 7:00pm. There also may the odd morning drop off request, if you had availability, although that is rare.

Hoping this is a great part-time sitting job for a student, recent graduate or young professional who wants a part-time job in the neighborhood!

We are also open to a live-in / au pair if that’s a better fit — we have a bedroom with its own bathroom that could be a great way to live in DC while you have a part-time babysitting role.  Looking forward to speaking with you!

This discussion has been closed.