All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.
This is a space where NCCers can network and promote themselves. Postings on this forum is not sponsored or endorsed by National Community Church.

Messages posted here express the views or acts of the author of the message, not necessarily those of National Community Church. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email at admin@theaterchurch.com OR flag the post.

Posts auto-expire in 2 months from last comment

Certified School Counselor / Substitute Teacher

Hi,
I recently graduated with my masters in "Counseling in Education Settings" in May for 2019. I am looking for a job in a school or with a youth organization. I am also a certified substitute teacher for PreK-12th and have experience working with all ages. I have gained over 700 hours of direct and indirect counseling in the middle and high school levels. I would love to gain experience in any form of youth work, for it is my goal/ "why" to make a difference and an impact on the next generation. I am able to send samples of my work, as well as references, and my resume. If you or someone you know has a position open please feel free to email me at Howard.A.Stephanie@gmail.com

Thank you!

Stephanie Howard 

Comments

• This is the first time I've heard of such a specialization. What exactly can people with such education do?
  • It's a pity that I found your request after such a long time.
  • edited August 2022
    Oh, you have a good grounding in your future profession. A good friend of mine was also a certified substitute teacher for PreK-12th. I know she wanted to work at asa florida college. I don't know if she applied there or not since she is now on maternity leave. All I know is that she had more than one job offer. She has once taught project-based lessons and activities that allow students to demonstrate learning in various ways that adapt to face-to-face, hybrid, or distance learning. I think it will work out for you.
  • edited September 2022
    Wow, I didn't even know there were such specialties. I am very flattered that you are willing to teach young people. I haven't seen that kind of willingness in a long time. I would love to have such a faculty member at a university. Right now I'm applying to one of the universities on the list on this website, ngscholars.net. I can ask some of these universities about your candidacy. There might be a need for one somewhere. If anything, I will write you about it in private message my friend, I was very inspired by your post to study, good luck to you.

• edited May 2023
    Being a certified school counselor substitute teacher sounds like a rewarding and fulfilling role. It's great to see professionals dedicated to supporting students' academic and emotional well-being in schools. Substitute teaching can provide valuable experience and make a positive impact on students' lives.  On another note, if you're interested in exploring other career opportunities, you can also check out beauty schools Portland. These can offer specialized training and career prospects in the beauty industry. It's always good to keep an open mind and explore different options.