All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

Seeking 1 CF for H Street Townhouse, Available 9/1 (flex), $930/month

edited August 2019 in Housing

One bedroom is available in a gorgeous H Street row home! We would love to find a sweet woman to add to this community-oriented and warm household.

The Details: The spaces are available starting September 1 (with potentially earlier start date if desired). You would sign a new lease that begins September 1, 2019 through August 31, 2020 with an option to renew. There is a security deposit of $905 for this space.

About the Home: The space available is located on the second floor for $930 each, per month + utilities. Utilities range from $70-100 depending on the season. It is a good-sized room (comfortable fits a full-sized bed) with three large windows letting in lots of natural light. The bedroom includes hardwood floors, ceiling fan, a bedroom closet, as well as a separate hall closets for extra storage space. There’s a full bathroom that is shared with one other residents. A laundry room is located in the basement and is shared by the whole house.

The main floor is spacious with a large living room (with a piano!), dining room, and kitchen. There are 3 ½ bathrooms total in the house. The house itself has beautiful hardwood floors and a cozy antique vibe. There are two free parking spaces in the back of the house. The kitchen has double ovens (which often means lots of baked goods in the house!). There’s also a backyard with a grill and fire pit, which is great for summer gatherings.

About the Neighborhood: The house is located on 9th & H Street NE in the hip H Street Corridor neighborhood. It’s a block away from the X1 and X2 bus lines that go downtown, a 15 minute walk to Union Station or NoMa metro stops, and right around the corner from the free DC Streetcar.

You’ll only be a few blocks away from the many fun and quaint restaurants on H St. A Whole Foods and Giant are a couple blocks from the house. Trader Joe’s is also nearby on Florida Ave, which is about 15 minutes away on foot.

If you’ll be working on the Hill, the U.S. Capitol is about a 20 minute walk away, along with other major federal government buildings.

About the Roommates:
You’ll be living with four Christian women in their mid twenties. We all have busy schedules, but we are also a household that values community. We often bake/cook together and plan occasional cabin weekend getaways. We are also a home that loves to host, whether it is a bonfire or dinner party-- we love inviting people in our home.

Although there are five living here, since the house is so spacious, it never feels crowded!

If you are interested and would like to see photos of the space; or if you know of any friends or friends of friends that are looking for a room on the Hill who want to build community and invest in this sweet house, feel free to message us.

Comments

• Hi! 

I am interested in hearing more / seeing pictures if possible! I do not attend NCC, but I do attend Passion City DC :). I am female, 25 and currently live in MD and need to move by Sept! 

Julie B
  • Hi Julie! I'm happy to send you some photos of the house and room! Would you mind messaging me your email address?
  • Hey!

I am also interested in living with you ladies. I'm 24 and currently live in Arlington and have been dying to move into the city since I got here two years ago. My lease is up in August so I've been trying to find housing for September. I would love to talk about life and the space if the room is still available.

Thanks, 
    Kate P.

• Kate,

Happy to chat more and send photos your way of the house. Would you mind messaging me your email address and then I'll email you photos?

Thanks!
    Nicole
  • Hello,

I am interested in the available room! Is it still available? I am 27 yrs old and work in the arts specifically dance. I would love to see photos and meet all the roommates. My current housing lease is up at the end of Aug and looking for a place starting in Sept. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks
    Michelle
  • Hi, 

I enjoyed reading about your community-oriented and warm household and very much interested in learning more about the available space and seeing pictures. I am looking for space starting Sept 1 so your timeline works out great. My email is andersone.audrey@gmail.com. Thanks!

Audrey 
  • Hello! 

I am definitely interested in learning more about the space! I will be moving to DC mid September to begin a legal fellowship position with Alliance Defending Freedom! I’d love to learn more if it is still available! 
    Thank you! 
This discussion has been closed.