All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

ISO CF for room in 3BR, 2BA Condo, $1225/mo starting July--NE Capitol Hill/Kingman Park

Due to a roommate unexpectedly needing to break her lease, I am hoping to quickly fill a spot in my lovely 3-bedroom condo in Kingman Park (18th and D St. NE). 

About the home: you'll be filling the third spot in a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom 1400 square foot condo/townhome with a beautiful private roof deck (that I just outfitted with a grill!). The home is new construction, so it has very few quirks and offers all new appliances and a bunch of "Smart Home" technology (including central air and heat.) The bedroom is full of light and has a gorgeous high ceiling and large closet, comfortably fitting a full sized-bed with room left over for dresser, desk, etc. You'll be sharing a bathroom with one other woman, while I use the master bath. 

About the location: We are located a quick 10 minute walk from Stadium Armory metro and a block from the D6 bus line, so this is a great spot if you work on the Hill or downtown. It's also easy to walk down to H Street and is super close to Rez and Lincoln Park, and provides easy access to the new Recreational fields at RFK (they are super cool.)  There is a conveniently located corner store across the street, ample street parking, and overall is a great neighborhood.

About the housemates: You'll be living two Christian women in their late twenties who attend churches on Capitol Hill. One works as a child policy advocate and the other is a hill staffer. As I am the owner and landlord as well as a roommate, I take care of issues with the house quickly and responsively! We value keeping the common areas clean and enjoy catching up with each other in the kitchen over wine, but have pretty busy schedules so don't always see a ton of each other. We are flexible with having guests and friends over and enjoy hosting, but are mindful of each other's schedules and needs.

Rent is $1225/month and is all inclusive of utilities and wifi. You'll also enjoy access to my Netflix/Hulu/Prime video accounts on the Apple TV. Ideally looking to sign a year-long lease, but open to other situations. 

Ideally looking for someone to sign a 1-year lease, but open to other options. Please reach out to rachelhope.merker@gmail.com if you are interested in seeing the place!