All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

Room for CF on Capitol Hill available August 1 - $1125/month

edited June 2019 in Housing
My roommate is moving out to get married, so I'm looking for someone to replace her starting around August 1. 

It's a 14x14 unfurnished room in a fantastic 2br/1ba apartment next to Lincoln Park, easy walking distance from the Silver/Orange/Blue lines, Eastern Market, H Street, etc. Street parking is easy and shared laundry in the basement is free.

Rent is $1125/month for the room plus half of utilities ($90 per person per month, on average). The lease is month-to-month, but I'd like to find someone who's looking to stay for at least a year. Pets aren't allowed right now, but there's a chance I'll talk the landlord into letting me get a cat. The lease requires an application, background check, and $850 security deposit. 

I'm in my 30s, work for an international education nonprofit, and have been in DC and Hill East for the last five years. When I'm not at work, I'm usually either hanging around home/the neighborhood or doing things with my church (Rez). I'm friendly but on the introverted side, so I'm most compatible with roommates who come home to chill and recharge and aren't necessarily looking for the full-time "doing community at home" dynamic.

If you're interested, please drop me a note and I'll send over some more pictures!