All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

Roommate Needed August 1 for Apartment directly between Columbia Heights and U St

Large room with lots of natural light and hardwood floors available for rent on August 1 (12 month lease minimum). The room is located in a 2br/1ba apartment in Castle Manor.

Building and unit features:

• Screened-in balcony

• Dishwasher, gas stove and oven

• Hallway closet for extra storage

• Full bathroom (shared)

• Furnished common space but I’m open to any new furniture you would like to bring

• Furnished rooftop with one of the best views of DC

• Courtyard with grills and tables

• Bike storage room with air pumps and tools

• Gym

• Dog park (controlled access for residents only)

• Secure package receiving lockers

• Controlled access to the building

• Onsite laundry facilities and dry cleaning lockers

• Online maintenance request system

• Zone 1 street parking and ample guest parking in the surrounding area

• Bernstein Management: management office and maintenance staff have always been extremely responsive

Sitting on a residential street across from Cardozo High School, equidistant between Columbia Heights and U Street metro stations, this is the perfect location. You’re close to all the action of the city with a neighborhood feel.

Just a ten minute walk to:

• North: Target, Old Navy, Best Buy, Bed Bath and Beyond, Giant, Chipotle, Chick-fil-A, &Pizza, Starbucks

• South: Trader Joe’s, tons of bars and restaurants, Lincoln Theater, 9:30 Club, Landmark Atlantic Plumbing Cinemas, YMCA Anthony Bowen

• East: Howard University

• West: Meridian Hill park

• 1 block away from Streets Market on 14th Street and Franklin Hall and La Colombe on Florida Ave

• Public Transportation: short walk to the bus lines on 14th and 16th streets, 4 blocks to U Street Metro, 7 blocks to Columbia Heights Metro

About me: I’m a 26 year old female young professional who works regular 9-5 hours at a think tank. During the week I typically come home and destress with a book, bubble bath, or show and a glass of wine, but occasionally meet friends for happy hour or dinner. On weekends, I like to take advantage of the nightlife in the area, have friends over to the roof, go to concerts, or get out and explore the city. I consider myself a social introvert- I like to spend time with people but also need my time alone to recharge. I also enjoy hosting friends at the apartment on occasion.

About you: Young professional (male or female- LGBTQ friendly) who is clean, respectful, easy going, and drama free. Pets are welcome on a case-by-case basis. It would be nice to find someone who does their own thing but would also be down to occasionally watch a show at night or grab a drink.

Cost: The room is $1450 per month, which includes water, electric, and trash. Rent is paid online through the building website on the first of the month. Gas (~ $5-10 per month) and wifi (estimated $30 per month) are separate and paid to me on the 15th of every month. $500 pet move-in fee and an additional $50 per month for pets (building policy). Application fee is $49 due to the leasing office for credit and background check. Security deposit is $250.

If you think this could be a good fit, please feel free to reach out at erinsmcl@gmail.com and tell me a little bit about yourself!