All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

Large Capitol Hill English basement available June 1 - $1300/month - utilities and internet included

Bedroom with 2 spacious closets, private bath, living room area with plenty of storage, private entrance

2 blocks to Stadium-Armory metro, 15 minute walk to Eastern Market

There’s a partial kitchen with a sink, cabinets, microwave, mini fridge and two-burner electric stovetop. You can use our freezer or oven upstairs anytime. The washer/dryer are in the basement, which is also shared. Plenty of street parking, or you can rent our parking spot for an additional $25/month. 

Available for month-to-month or longer-term lease. The space is currently unfurnished.

About us: We are a couple with a 3-year-old daughter. Hospitality is very important to us, and we strive to have a warm, welcoming home. We keep the house clean, love cooking, know most of our neighbors, and are very involved in our church. We are looking for a housemate(s) who is/are kind, tidy, communicative and easygoing.

Email melodykennell@gmail.com if interested and to see pictures.

Comments

• Hello Melody,
    Thank you for your post. I am looking for a place to stay and i was wondering if I could get pictures of the basement please?
    My emai

this is what I wrote about me to post on housing groups.

Who I am?
    Hi! As you see my name is Michelle :)
    I am 30 years old, third country kid. I am a mature Christian woman with a BIG heart for people. Growing up, I lived in Congo, Cameroon, America, Canada, South Africa, France. So, I am a very open-minded person.

What I value and cherish?
    I am glad you asked :)
    I value intimacy with God, purity and truth.
    I don’t see myself as a Christian but as a follower of Jesus. I also value brave communication, healthy boundaries, healthy relationships, My peace, family, community, and taking care of my body as a temple.
    I am very optimistic and very allergic to negativity. I love to worship freely and I pray often.

What I am into?
    I am into peacemaking, creating healthy communities, justice (God’s justice), DIYs, and I am addicted to personal development.

More about me:
    I graduated from one year of internship at Hillsong Church in South Africa, Bible college (3 years of ministry school) and Simpson University in Redding, Ca.
    Recently, I was offered a position at a Law Firm in College Park, MD that I interned at last fall and I am supposed to start on June 20, 2019.

What am I looking for?
    I am looking for a basement, a studio or a 1 bedroom apartment in Silver Spring or near Eastern Market metro station in DC. (I can be flexible with the location). I prefer a place that is metro accessible. My budget is around $800- $1000 (including utilities). I WOULD love to have my OWN bedroom and private bathroom if possible. Natural LIGHT is a plus!
    A month to month lease would be great but I can be flexible depending on the options available. Ideally, finding something from late june- May 2020

I am open to signing/sharing a lease with another mature and godly woman on an apartment in downtown Silver Spring. The ideal candidate would a woman who value cleanliness, has a mature character and an open mind.
    I have references available in case anyone needs it.

Thank you for reading and please let me know if you know anyone or any place available.
    Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.