All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

CF looking to move to Arlington/ Falls Church Area in August

edited May 2019 in Housing
Hello! My name is Juliet and I am looking to move into either an existing house with a group of ladies or join others in the quest for housing. My budget is around 900 max including utilities and I need a place by the beginning of August. A little about me is that I love adventure and plants. As a Landscape Designer in my mid 20s, I am always looking for the next adventure whether that means checking out a new brewery in town with friends or getting away for the weekend. I am kind and considerate and I care deeply about caring/ respecting others. I show that by cleaning up after myself and keeping common places clean. I would like to live with other CF’s that like to be hospitable and host bible studies or other functions from time to time. But also enjoys hanging out together on a Friday night. If you think we would be a great fit, please reach out. I would love to chat 

Comments

• edited May 2019

Hi, Juliet!

My name is Mara and I thought I  would reach out to you since you sound like a great roommate and someone that I would get along with! I am currently living and working in Lynchburg, Virginia but I am moving to the Fairfax area this summer. I teach 2nd grade and I will be moving to teach at a small private school in Annandale, Virginia. Like you, I am looking to spend time with my roommate(s) and get to know them! :)

In my free time, I like to bake/cook (I bake each weekend for the school that I work for!), catch up on Netflix, read, host small get-togethers, try out new restaurants, etc. I am looking to move in the beginning of August. I am a low-key person, and I have been told I always have a happy, positive outlook on life :) 

I do have a small dog (Pomeranian/sheltie mix) that would be living with me, as well. Does the condo allow pets? His name is Gatsby and he is very well behaved and does not make a mess at all. He is a love bug and will curl up next to you and go to sleep, if you let him :) He would be my responsibility, and you would not be asked to do anything with him. (I always like to throw that out there :) 

I do have some nice furniture (couch, chair, dining room set, TV for the living room, and kitchen accessories), but if you have stuff to add, we can always see what works best in the space. I am open to anything! :)

If you are interested, I would love to talk more and get to know each other! My email is heflinmara@gmail.com

I hope you have a wonderful day!

• Yooo. I'm starting an athletic training job in July in Reston and looking for a place to stay in Arlington or Falls Church. Our price range is the same and I think we'd get along great. I love being outside so a backyard or any green space close would be ideal. In my free time I hope to be hiking, biking, or pretty much anything outside. You mention breweries...I am definitely down. 
    I would love to have a garden to use for cooking and I feel maybe you would too? I would want to be friends and host people some on the weekends. I also play guitar; I absolutely love music and hearing others' tastes so I can put together some bangin' playlists, if that's something you're into. 

If you want some more info about me, here are my socials: 
    https://www.facebook.com/hannahmarie.wayne

https://www.instagram.com/h.a.n.n.a.h_m.a.r.i.e/?hl=en

Let me know if you wanna search for a place together!  My email is waynehm@g.cofc.edu. 

Hannah-Marie Wayne
  • My name is Andrea; I'm a 26 year-old Christian female, who teaches freshman English at a public high school in Maryland. I have an apartment in the Cherrydale, Arlington area and am looking to find a new roommate! My last roommate was a good friend of mine who unfortunately had to move to be closer to her job. My new lease begins July 1st, so I am looking for someone who is willing to commit for at least a year.

About Me:
    -I really enjoy living in a clean apartment.
    -Involved in leading worship, Chinese bible study, and a small group with my church.
    -Spent a year teaching abroad in Guangzhou, China and would like to continue improving my Chinese.
    -Currently teaching all freshman at my school. I'm also the Sophomore Class Sponsor, Debate Coach, and Mock Trial coach, so come fall I will be super busy with school. 
    -I would prefer living with someone who is a Christian and active with their relationship with Jesus.
    -I love: quiet mornings with a good book and a cup of coffee, reading, building community, hosting friends for dinner, worshiping Jesus, and crocheting. 

About the Apartment: 
    -Located in a beautiful, family friendly area of Cherrydale, Arlington and within walking distance to a Chipotle, Starbucks, UPS store, and wine store (What more do you need? Haha).
    -2 Bed / 1 Bath
    -Rent is $775 / month
    -Water, gas, parking, and trash included
    -Electric and wifi come out to be about $35-$55 per person depending on the amount of electricity we use.
    -Bus stop right outside the apartment that goes directly into downtown DC during peak hours (about 18 mins)
    -Driving distance to DC - 8 minutes
    -1.5 miles from either Ballston or Clarendon station
    -Our apartment community is a lot of young, working professional women. In the summer months, there's a group of ladies who like to drink wine next to a fire pit out back. All very kind, friendly ladies. 
    -Pictures and references upon request!