All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

CF Roomate(s) Needed

edited May 2019 in Housing
Hi! I'm moving to the Arlington area in June from Texas and need somewhere to live. My all in budget is around $1500/month including car space and utilities but lower than that would be ideal. I am working as a consultant for a technology company. If anyone knows of anything, any information would be helpful! 
Thank you!

Comments

•  Hi I have an apartment opening up in July. Not sure if that works for you, but send me an email at linetter102@gmail.com.
  • Hey Brittany, 
    My room in a spacious townhouse is opening up June 1st.  Rent is $1285 with all utilities included. It's a private bedroom/bath right next to the Wharf, so the drive to Arlington would be easy. Email me.st dgergilevich@gmail.com or text at (907)414-8599 and I can send you some pictures or show you the place 
  • Hi Brittany, not sure if you are looking for a roommate, but I have a space in Foggy Bottom opening in June. It's $850 for the living room suite of a 1 BR/1 BA.

If interested you can email me at wrightelizabethj@gmail.com for pictures!
  • Hi there! Not sure if you are still looking, but my name is Andrea; I'm a 26 year-old Christian female, who teaches freshman English at a public high school in Maryland. I have an apartment in the Cherrydale, Arlington area and am looking to find a new roommate! My last roommate was a good friend of mine who unfortunately had to move to be closer to her job. My new lease begins July 1st, so I am looking for someone who is willing to commit for at least a year.

About Me:
    -I really enjoy living in a clean apartment.
    -Involved in leading worship, Chinese bible study, and a small group with my church.
    -Spent a year teaching abroad in Guangzhou, China and would like to continue improving my Chinese.
    -Currently teaching all freshman at my school. I'm also the Sophomore Class Sponsor, Debate Coach, and Mock Trial coach, so come fall I will be super busy with school. 
    -I would prefer living with someone who is a Christian and active with their relationship with Jesus.
    -I love: quiet mornings with a good book and a cup of coffee, reading, building community, hosting friends for dinner, worshiping Jesus, and crocheting. 

About the Apartment: 
    -Located in a beautiful, family friendly area of Cherrydale, Arlington and within walking distance to a Chipotle, Starbucks, UPS store, and wine store (What more do you need? Haha).
    -2 Bed / 1 Bath
    -Rent is $775 / month
    -Water, gas, parking, and trash included
    -Electric and wifi come out to be about $35-$55 per person depending on the amount of electricity we use.
    -Bus stop right outside the apartment that goes directly into downtown DC during peak hours (about 18 mins)
    -Driving distance to DC - 8 minutes
    -1.5 miles from either Ballston or Clarendon station
    -Our apartment community is a lot of young, working professional women. In the summer months, there's a group of ladies who like to drink wine next to a fire pit out back. All very kind, friendly ladies. 
    -Pictures and references upon request!
  • Hi, my name is Natalia. I teach at a Christian school in Alexandria, VA.  I am entering my third year as a tenant in my current residence.  The house is a 3 bedroom and 3.5 bathroom townhome with a large finished basement, which is used as a fourth bedroom suite.  Shared spaces on the main floor include 2 coat closets, half bathroom, living room, dining room, and eat in kitchen.  Laundry is located in a shared space within the basement utility room. 

Starting August 1, 2019 (possibly the last week in July) I will have the following living space available for rent with all utilities included.
    1. Bedroom (approx. 10x12) with double door closet, shared hall bathroom, and off street (neighborhood) parking – $650 monthly rent due on the 18th of each month starting on July 18th, 2019 and $650 security deposit due at signing. 

House culture is laid back but responsible with each tenant maintaining the shared spaces by cleaning up after their use.  Groceries involve a shared expense and equal access system (which I have found is so much cheaper) but pantry space is provided for each person to provide their own snack and specific lunch items.  The kitchen and dining room will be furnished but the living room furniture belongs to a previous tenant so I welcome your couch or club chairs!

If you’re interested, please email me at 13velasqn@gmail.com .  I would be more than happy to provide pictures at your request!

This discussion has been closed.