All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

Room in cute, historic row house on Capitol Hill/H Street available for CF, starting June 1

Room in cute, historic row house on Capitol Hill/H Street available, starting June 1 

Hi there – I’ll be moving to Colorado for grad school this summer and am looking for someone to take over my room and part of my lease starting June 1. I have truly enjoyed living here and will be sad to leave this house and neighborhood!

About the space: It’s a charming, light-filled room in a PINK house located on a quiet street in northeast DC, but just blocks away from the vibrant energy of H street. Roommate has the option of moving into an already beautifully furnished bedroom, as I am open to selling my current furniture at a low price. The common areas in the house are also furnished, including a kitchen with plenty of shared dishes and cookware. We share 1.5 bathrooms, and there’s a washer and dryer in unit, which is a huge plus! We have a small backyard with a fire pit, which is great for having people over.

About the roommates: The other housemates are two creative and cultured sisters and working professionals from the Midwest. Both are active in church, and volunteer in the community on a monthly basis. Their ideal roommate is friendly, clean, dependable, mature, responsible, open to living in community, and also a working professional in their mid-to-late twenties / early thirties.

About the area: There are plenty of easy and convenient bus lines nearby (X8 and D6), or we’re about 22 minutes’ walk (14 min. bus ride or 8-10 minute bike ride) to Union Station or a 25 min. walk to the Eastern Market metro stations. There are also three convenient Capital Bikeshare stations nearby. 

Terms: Move-in date is negotiable, but I would like to have someone take over my lease by June 1. The monthly rate is $950 including utilities and internet; $25 application fee (Yarmouth) + security deposit equal to one month's rent is also required.

It’s a great place to live at a truly unbeatable price for the area! If interested, email Marya.skotte@gmail.com to learn more about the space. Pictures available upon request. 

Comments