All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

CF looking for spacious housing in the Washington DC. Area

Hi, all, 

I hope this message finds you well  :) 

I am a data analyst in my twenties looking for a place to call home in D.C. within a 20 min commute from Eastern Market - Navy Yard - Waterfront - Union Station - NOMA - Capitol Hill. I would be able to move in April-May 2019 (but can be flexible with move in dates).

I am looking for a clean, beautiful, very spacious place with no mold/dust/rodents/cockroaches/creature activity. I am home only about 40-50% of the month, so will need a peaceful, beautiful place to be able to come home to and work in when I am actually there. Ideally, would love to find a place <$1000 because I am rarely at home but would love a large space to be able to create a living space, do some interior design, do installation art, but am open to other ranges. 

Preferences:

·         Walk-in Closet/Large storage spaces

·         Parking availability (for at least 1 car)

·         Private Bathroom

·         Utilities included

·         No pets/No shedding pets (I currently have a cute axolotl salamander that lives emerged in water, in a medium-size tank 100% of the time)

·         A space that has a large desk (or can fit a large desk)

·         Clean, filtered water

Preferences (but not required): 

·         Furnished

·         Piano / keyboard availability

·         High ceilings

·         Close proximity to a Metro

Just a little more about me:

I am from Chicago and Wisconsin but feel that I have roots and wings from many places in the world. I am social, active, responsible, clean, outgoing, and respectful of other people's privacy and space.

I went to University of Chicago for undergrad, Johns Hopkins for my masters, have been teaching for the past 3 years and then running all-women's coding bootcamps in four different cities across the US. I am currently working as a data analyst in a technology company in DC (Navy Yard). I am looking to stay in DC for the next couple years! I love this city! I love to love on this city, get involved in the community, travel and visit national parks/cultural heritage sites ~ so often gone most weekends.

Some of my interests include global engagement, cooking, creating and appreciating art, learning and investing in education programs, sustainable businesses, advocacy projects around the world, mountains and oceans, being part of lightbulb moments, and engaging with a hospitable, warm, beautiful faith community (Currently attending Grace DC)!

Let me know if this sounds good. Would love to hear back regarding availability. 

Comments

• Hello! 

My name is Haley Smith and I’m moving back to DC at the end of this month. Are you still looking for a place to live? I am, so if you’d maybe like to look as a pair and see if we can find a place to add a third or fourth, I’d love to chat! Let me know what works for you. 
  • Hi! Are you still looking for a place to live? I am moving to DC with my small dog and looking for roommates/a place to live. I will be moving end of July/beginning of August. I'd love to hear from you if you are still looking!