All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

Sunny, second-story 1BR/1BA apartment near Lincoln Park (Capitol Hill) // $1,476

I love this little apartment! ...and am ONLY leaving because of the opportunity to purchase a home here in our city! The apartment is a sunny 1BR/1BA on the second-story (middle-level) of a six-unit building at the corner of 14th Street NE and Constitution Ave NE. Move-in date is flexible, between Jan 10-Feb 1 (rent would be pro-rated). Many details below, or contact me for more info. Also, see the Craigslist posting for multiple pics!

Kitchen: The renovated kitchen has granite countertops, stainless steal appliances (gas range, refrigerator with in-door water, microwave, high-power dishwasher, garbage disposal), an island/bar and ample storage and counter space.

Main room: The kitchen overlooks the main room, which I have set up as both a living room and dining area. Windows look out on trees and green space across the street.

Bedroom and bathroom: The bedroom (9ft x 10ft) fits a queen-size bed (though I currently have a twin during my interim before moving, which is pictured). There are two closets (6.5ft-wide clothing and 2ft-wide storage) and two windows. The bathroom features a stone-tiled shower, with custom shower jets. The sink it admittedly small, but it works perfectly well.

Washer/dryer and utilities: There is a combined-unit washer/dryer in the hallway utility closet, which works well. The apartment has central A/C and heat. Utilities run me about $6/month in gas and $40/month in electricity (I keep my apartment very warm in the winter and very cool in the summer). You would also pay for wifi, but water/sewer/trash are included in the rent.

Additional storage: In the building's basement, you have an additional, locked storage unit (approx. 4ft x 4ft).

Location/transportation: I'm two-blocks from Lincoln Park, and within a 20 minute walk of H Street NE, Eastern Market/Barracks Row, and the Potomac Ave Metro. I'm also along several key bus lines and have found these most convenient for commuting.

Parking: There is street parking (Zone 6) around the building. I've never parked more than two blocks away, and generally can park right in front of my building. The building also has two parking spots in a small lot to the side, which are nice for guests (or you can inquire about personally renting one for $125/mo).

Safety: I've always felt safe in my neighborhood and in my building. There have been no break-ins or other security concerns since I moved in. The building front door is on a key-code lock entry, and your apartment has a door lock, deadbolt and added security guard. Mailboxes are on the interior, and packages are left inside. As it's just a six-unit building, there are no issues with stolen packages. All the other tenants are quiet and nice.

Property Management Company: The property management company is responsive, always reasonable and nice. I've had a few minor fixes, which were quickly attended to. I also needed my washer/dryer serviced at one point, which they took care of without any issue.

Pets: The building is pet-friendly, with some requirements (e.g., dogs must be below 50 pounds). A one-time $250 pet fee is required, plus an additional $25/month.

Rent/Lease: The apartment is available for move-in anytime between Jan 10-Feb 1. The rent is $1,476 per month. Security deposit is equal to one month's rent. You would sign your own lease with the Property Management company, either through the end of the current term (ending Sept 30, 2017) or for a full year. Other fees to be aware of are: $50 application fee and a $150 admin fee (due the second month of tenancy).
This discussion has been closed.