Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.
If you used our old forum, you can find your old posts here: http://oldforum.theaterchurch.com for the next few months. However, it is read only, so please create new posts in here.
1 BR Apt for Rent in Upper NW DC (Wisconsin Ave/Cathedral/Mclean Gardens/Cleveland Park) - $1900/mo
Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/MZLEgpsYUCn (Wisconsin Ave, NW at Porter Street, NW)
BUILDING/APT DETAILS: Large private 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom 1st floor condo apartment available for rent in quiet DC high/mid-rise residential building.
• Quiet, access-controlled building located on a main thoroughfare in the city.
• Largest unit in the building.
• Apartment has living room, dining room, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom. A walk-in closet is in the bedroom. And 3 more closets throughout the apartment.
• Air conditioning and heaters in unit.
• Recently (less than 10yrs) renovated with new appliances.
• Lovely roof deck with beautiful views for miles. Great place to watch fireworks on the 4th of July, or a sunset any other day. Great 360 degree views.
• Elevators in building
• Unit faces the rear of the building, which averts much street noise from reaching you.
• Building has an on-site manager.
• Water service in the unit and natural gas for cooking are included in rent.
• You pay for electricity and any cable/internet/phone service you order. Sold seperately.
• Unit is wired for RCN broadband internet/cable/phone service (speeds up to 1000 mbps available--rcn.com for more info). Some other units in the building have Xfinity (contact Comcast for availability for this unit). Verizon DSL (but not Fios) is also available.
LAUNDRY: Take the elevator to the laundry room (coin operated) in the building's basement. No need to exit the building for laundry.
PARKING: Street parking is available on Quebec Street and on 37th Street. For residents, a DC Residential Parking Program (RPP) sticker available, obtainable from DC Government.
• Plentiful street parking around and near this city block for residents with RPP stickers.
• Your guests without Zone 3 RPP stickers can park on street in designated areas with varying time limits according to time of day and day of week. Please obey the signs. This is the policy in most residential areas of D.C. There is more parking available around this block than in downtown (and even than commercial areas only blocks away) due to the residential character of the block.
• Building has locked exterior doors, but crime is usually not a problem in the neighborhood.
• Intercom at building front door for your guests
• Considered one of the safest neighborhoods in the city.
• DC Police 2nd district station is 2 blocks away.
SHOPPING AND NEIGHBORHOOD: Very walkable neighborhood.
• 2 blocks to a large Giant Food grocery store, a CVS Pharmacy, Starbucks, other restaurants, banks at the Cathedral Commons Shopping Center.
• Many parks within a short distance.
• Whole Foods Market is 1 mile away in Tenleytown.
• 24-hr Safeway grocery store 1.6 miles away in Georgetown, (5-15 mins via car, depending on time of day/traffic).
• Tenleytown (1 mile) has Best Buy, Ace Hardware, Chick-fil-A, Panera, Starbucks, 24-hr CVS, Dominos Pizza, Papa John's Pizza, and other restaurants. 24-hr Wawa convenience store slated to open in Tenleytown by early 2019.
• Chipotle and McDonald's 1/2 mile away, w/parking.
• Trader Joe's is in Bethesda, 3 miles away.
• Walmart Supercenter on Georgia Avenue with free parking is about 4 miles away, and closes midnights.
• Target in Columbia Heights with paid parking is less than 3 miles away
TRANSIT: Different bus routes stop in front of and on the side of the building (wmata.com for info).
• Buses out front go downtown, near Georgetown University and GWU main campuses, as well as downtown workplaces, the White House and Capitol Hill among other places, and towards Friendship Heights in the other direction.
• Buses stop on side of building and go crosstown towards Columbia Heights, the National Rehabilitation Hospital, Children's National Medical Center, and Catholic University, among other places.
• Less than 1 mile to the Tenleytown Metro Station or the Cleveland Park Metro Station (both are on the Red Line - and Metrobuses connect the building with the red line).
• Easy 10-minute bus ride to American University shuttle stop. Short easy bus ride/walk to the new AU Washington College of Law Tenley Campus on Wisconsin Ave at Tenley Circle.
• Sorry, NO PETS. This is due to condominium regulations.
• No smoking.
• Security deposit equal to 1 month's rent.
• 1 year lease required
If interested, please call 202-362-6123.
We are the owners for over 30 years. If nobody answers, please leave a message with your name and phone number and we will call you back. Blessings.