All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

Seeking late-20s/early-30s CF to share a 2BD/1BA- Columbia Heights- $1075- June 1

edited April 2018 in Housing
Hello! I just signed a lease for an incredible 2BD/1BA English basement in Columbia Heights and I'm looking for a roommate to join me. The house is near the Georgia Ave/Petworth Metro (green/yellow) and just a couple blocks from the 11th street restaurants (The Coupe, Meridian Pint, Bad Saint, El Chucho, etc.). House Details: -Move-in June 1st; sign a year lease -Rent is $1075/month which includes utilities -1 block from the Georgia/Petworth Metro -Parking available for $50/month -Fenced in backyard -Dogs considered -Unfurnished -Corner unit so plenty of windows About Me: I am a late-20s government employee with a relaxed 5 year old lab mix, Moxie. I moved to DC last June and lived in a group house; it was a great experience but I am ready to live with just one other person! I'm a pretty relaxed roommate, clean but not obsessive, courteous of others' space, always pay my rent on time. In my free time I like to run, try new restaurants, and catch a few episodes of the Bachelor. I like to cook and bake (and will happily pass some cookies your way) and occasionally host some friends for brunch. As for Moxie, she's a pretty calm dog whose hobbies include staring at herself in the mirror, climbing back into bed when I leave for work, and chewing on her pillow. She is an easy roommate and very well-behaved in the house! About You: I'm looking for a late 20s/early 30s female roommate with stable employment who is equally courteous about shared space. Though we both have our own circles, it'd be great to catch up over a glass of wine occasionally. Extra great if your taste in TV is trash like mine :) The apartment comes unfurnished, so we'd be working together to create the space. It'd be a bonus if you wouldn't mind letting Moxie out every once in awhile if I'm running home late from work. The landlord is open to the possibility of another dog, as long as it is well-trained and gets along with the others on the property. Sadly, no cats. If this sounds like a good fit, please shoot me an email at ceh2007@comcast.net. The property is currently rented, but I'd love to meet you for coffee and talk more about the property/share photos. Thanks!