The House. The Senate. Your Classroom.
Change Happens Here. Teach
DC Teaching Fellows
The DC Teaching Fellows is a competitive initiative of the District of Columbia Public Schools that recruits, selects, and trains outstanding professionals and college graduates to become teachers in the schools that need them the most. We are committed to providing the District’s students with a new generation of educators who have the potential to be highly effective and ensure their academic success.
To achieve our goal of providing all students with access to excellent teachers, we are seeking passionate and accomplished individuals from all professional and academic backgrounds to make a commitment to achieving academic growth with students in D.C.’s most challenging and traditionally underserved schools and communities.
DC Teaching Fellows benefit from:
• A fast track application and certification process
• Ongoing resources at the school and district levels
• Receiving a full-salary and full-benefits while earning your teaching certification
• A network of like-minded professionals committed to educational excellence for the students of D.C.
• Bachelor’s Degree must be conferred by June 1st, 2013
• Eligibility to work in the U.S.
• No more than 15 credit hours in Education coursework leading to a teaching certification
• Minimum GPA of a 2.75 on a 4.0 scale
• For elementary, early childhood, and special education positions, all majors are eligible to apply. For secondary subject areas (English, Math, Science, and Foreign Language), you must have either an undergraduate degree or 33+ credits in the subject area. For more information, see the Eligibility Requirements section of our website at http://www.dcteachingfellows.org.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible! Apply online today at http://www.dcteachingfellows.org.
No teaching or education experience is required to apply for DC Teaching Fellows.