Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

Room for CF in Springfield!

Looking for a CF or 2 to share a renovated 3 BR/2.5 BA townhome near Saratoga in Springfield. Still working out some details, but the smaller bedroom (with own full bath on lower level) would be around $690/month, and other bedroom (shared full double sink bathroom) would be about $752/month. The smaller bedroom could also double as an office, in which case the total rent for the 2 rooms would be $1,236/month. 2 designated parking spots right in front of the house, with ample street parking for 3rd roommate and/or guests. Wood burning fireplace in the living room, great fenced in patio area out back, and brand new carpeting upstairs. Downstairs is perfect for hosting a movie or game night, or small group Bible studies, with built in surround sound and a sliding door. This space would also be a good place for out of town guests to stay. No smoking or drugs allowed.

A little about me and my ideal roommate(s): I’m 27 and work full-time in youth ministry. I consider myself an extroverted introvert, and am easy to get along with. I’m not a neat freak, but do appreciate a tidy space and cleaning up after ourselves in common areas. I’m not necessarily looking for a best friend in a roommate, but I would like to have a good relationship with her/them and be someone I’d want to hang out with or relax with at home. :) I want this house to be a home, where everyone is comfortable in the space and feels like it’s theirs. I appreciate good communication between roommates, so we can leave passive-aggressiveness at the door haha. Between work and other commitments, I tend to stay pretty busy, but I like to have some time during the week that is spent in to relax and unwind. I saw a sign at Ikea recently that said, “Staying in is the new going out” and I won’t dispute that haha. I drink on occasion, but in limited quantities and typically only with friends (or you!). I’m kind of obsessed with all things Parks & Rec, and anything with a map. Not looking to have pets as roommates, please. :)

Let me know if you think we might be a good fit! :)

Comments

• Hi Holly!
    Nice to see there are other Parks and Rec obsessed twenty-somethings out there!
    Please contact me at: sealj20@gmail.com
    I'd love to talk with you about your available space. I will be moving to the area the first week of October and have a few questions about your location.

• Hi Holly! Reading your post--it seems like we'd be a great fit! I know you posted this two months ago, but are you still searching for a roommate? Thanks! :)
  • Hi Holly!

You sound like an incredibly kind, smart, and caring person who wants this house to be a home where everyone feels happy, comfortable, and respected. I'm looking to move into a home with other CFs soon, and I I think we would we get along famously and do really well living together based on your post!

Please email me at khrakowski@gmail.com, so we can talk more and you can learn more about me! :smile: 
  • Hello Holly!

My name is Candace and I am currently looking for housing in the DMV area.  To tell you a little about myself, I am a responsible 32-year-old professional who works in higher education.  Outside of work, my interests are pretty varied, but I *love* the performing arts, especially the theatre, and I volunteer as an usher at two local theatres.  I also enjoy going to the movies, catching up with my girlfriends at brunch, exploring nature by kayaking and hiking, doing day trips to VA wineries, checking out the summer outdoor movie screenings, *occasionally* running, and more.  I am a bit of an introvert so I enjoy having my own space to relax.  I am not sure what other information would be helpful, but I hope that gives you a quick glimpse into who I am and whether I would be a good candidate for this apartment.  If you think this might be a good fit, I would love to talk with you further.  Again, thank you so much for taking the time and I will hope to hear from you soon.   

Sincerely, 
    Candace (cbmosely@gmail.com)