Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

Seeking 1 or 2 roommates for co-ed group home in NW

edited November 2017 in Housing
Me and a friend are looking to build a co-ed group house, likely in NW, to start in December/January - and we're looking for a few folks to join us!

We're looking for one or two people, maybe even a married couple. Still looking at available houses, which is why we'd love to see who's interested and build around that.

What you could expect: wine, R&B, likely lots of books about international development, and probably a small group meeting every once in a while. Neither of us actually attend NCC but we are both believers. We're both single, young professionals, clean, etc. 

If you're thinking about moving around the end of the year or know someone cool, please let us know!

Comments

• I am interested!
    A little bit about me:

I just started a full-time, permanent job at Koch Industries in the downtown area at Metro Center

My typical schedule consists of leaving early for work and getting home at 7 or eight. Generally try to make dinner. Depending on how late it is, I like to sip on a glass of wine and watch the classics such as Andy Griffith. I also like to events on the Hill with friends from the House of Representatives. I like to get together with friends from church at Capitol Hill Baptist Church. My Saturdays usually consist of staying in, cleaning, doing laundry, chilling, and maybe something in the evening. I dedicate Sunday to church. 

I would also like to add that I have a physical disability of cerebral palsy. Accessibility is critical both within the house and to the metro.

Andrei

Also responding on behalf of my friend, Dante Khari

My name is Dante.  I recently interned with the Heritage Foundation and the Leadership Institute, and I am currently interviewing for employment in conservative organizations.  I would need fridge space for produce, and a location that is metro accessible.  I wake up early and go to bed early, and would need a smoke free environment because I have asthma.  dantegabriel.kari13@gmail.com

• I wanted to follow up on this 
    Andrei
  • Hi Andrei, thanks for your interest. I think at this time our house pick is too fluid to be able to guarantee we’ll find a place that is accessible (we don’t yet have a house!), but good luck with your search! 
  • edited November 2017
    Hey @sarbetdun ! I'm super interested. My girlfriend and I are looking to get married soon (just a court house marriage, so no set date). She's finishing her last semester of a nutrition and dietetics degree program and I am working in international development (so I guess we could sit around and debate the merits of Jeff Sachs vs. Bill Easterly while we play with my JadedAid pack of cards). I'm also doing a part-time MBA (so, actually I don't have much to sit around and play JadedAid). Given our schooling, we're looking for an affordable place in DC that we could move into after getting married, and are particularly interested in group houses. The lady also has lovely orange tabby cat named Teddy. We both go to Grace DC. If you're interested, hit me up at ryan.a.musser@gmail.com.
  • Hey Ryan, congrats and thanks for reaching out! We actually won’t be looking for a pet-friendly place - and one of the people we already are looking to room with actually also has allergies. So sorry - I should have put that upfront in the description. Good luck with your search!
  • sarbetdun said:
    Me and a friend are looking to build a co-ed group house, likely in NW, to start in December/January - and we're looking for a few folks to join us!

We're looking for one or two people, maybe even a married couple. Still looking at available houses, which is why we'd love to see who's interested and build around that.

What you could expect: wine, R&B, likely lots of books about international development, and probably a small group meeting every once in a while. Neither of us actually attend NCC but we are both believers. We're both single, young professionals, clean, etc. 

If you're thinking about moving around the end of the year or know someone cool, please let us know!
    Hey I'm moving to downtown DC (preferably NW) in January and am interested in your group house! Do you have an email address I can contact you on?